Mountains at sunset
    by AlexR!, on Flickr

Biniraitx church and orange groves:

Biniraitx
    by AlexR!, on Flickr

Palma Cathedral:

Palma cathedral 1
    by AlexR!, on Flickr

There are a couple more on Flickr, and more to go on as I continue to process. Comments always welcome.
    Canon EOS 7D
    EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
    Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
    flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Re: Mallorca

Love that street and mountain scenes Alex. What a beautiful place to explorer.

Tom

Comment

The street scene is very nice - I can feel the heat and the afternoon light.

The mountains were no doubt fabulous to experience but awfully hard to get across the size and clarity - I do think you've done well.

Great to see some asymmetry in a cathedral shot (seems we all think aisle or ceiling) but there's a bit too much gloom in there for me. From your slow SS I presume you had a tripod so was this a bracketed shot? Just wondering if you could squeeze any more out of it.
      Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Nice shots, but agree with Bo that the one of the cathedral is a bit dark.

I love Mallorca - must go back some day soon.
        Chris
        80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

I know it's not all lager-lout territory, but I've never been to Mallorca - mainly because of its bad reputation... However, you may have made me look again! #1 is the pick for me - love those scenes... Look forward to seeing more...
          Cheers;
          Lee
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
          All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
          5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
          17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

the first is the pick leading the eye down the cobbles

I know it's not all lager-lout territory, but I've never been to Mallorca - mainly because of its bad reputation... However, you may have made me look again!
            I have been a couple of times and the north of the island is lovely, although I prefer Menorca, going there again later in the year
            Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
            flickr

Comment

Good series Alex - I especially like the first.
              - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Thanks all for the positive comments.
                The Palma cathedral image was handheld and bracketed; interested to hear your comments about the gloominess - I think I'll lighten up my final version because I wanted to get over the impression of its vastness, and so lighter is probably the way to go. Having recently visited (and loved) Barcelona it was interesting to see that Gaudi had had a small part to play in Palma, and that his bits were distinctly recognisable.
                As to Mallorca, I whole heartedly recommend it, albeit the small area we visit centred on Soller / Fornalutx and along the Tramantura mountains.
                Canon EOS 7D
                EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
                  The Palma cathedral image was handheld and bracketed; interested to hear your comments about the gloominess - I think I'll lighten up my final version because I wanted to get over the impression of its vastness, and so lighter is probably the way to go.
                  That all said, I thought I would get at least one vote on here for the gloomy version, but he's not been around for a few days...
                  Canon EOS 7D

Comment

Lovely light on the mountain on the second one, just let down by the uninteresting sky.

John

Comment

first is excellent and you know I'm going to love the gloomy shot
                      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

After looking at theses I feel that to holiday there would be wonderfull
                        ef-r

Comment

Working...
                        X