Time to get a move on...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to get a move on...

Well, after about 18 months of being that stressed and busy with other things my EOS 7D has not even been out of the bag apart from charging the batteries a few times to keep them fresh

So now things seems to have settled so I have just dusted it off and charged the batteries and it is now time to start learning how to use my kit :)

So hopefully I will be posting a few pictures for comments and advice to put me on the right track :)

Stuart
    Stuart Tunstall
    York - UK

- Canon EOS 7D - Tamron 18 - 270mm f3.5 - 6.3 Di II VC - Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM - Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM - Canon Speedlight 580EX II - Canon Timer Remote Control TC 80N3 - Giottos GTMTL9361B with MH5001 Head - Lowpro 300AW Backpack - Photoshop CC - Lightroom CC - Aurora HDR 2018 - Photolemur 3 - Plus a few other bits -

Re: Time to get a move on...

i know the feeling all to well stuart ,after several years of happy retirement getting out at every opportunity .the last couple of months have been totally manic ,came back from holiday at the start of may having just bought my dream 1Dmkiv camera ,and the wife decided she wanted a new caravan ,so the next few weeks were full of selling our old one ,finding a new one .thoroughly checking it over to make sure it was up to our standards ,then going away last week to try it out ,with literally no camera time at all .just starting to ease off a bit now so hopefully get out over the weekend .unless swmbo decides she wants to go away again

Comment

Spare a thought for those of us with full time jobs. I haven't taken a shot in weeks, either!
      Chris
      80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Originally posted by ctrollen View Post
        Spare a thought for those of us with full time jobs. I haven't taken a shot in weeks, either!
        Gainful employment does severely limit photography ................. does buy some nice bits of kit though.
        Colin

Comment

Getting paid for your past efforts is even better though luckily I worked for what they call a blue chip company for a long period helps with the pension pot

Comment

I could budget better (both time and money) if I knew when I am to shuffle off this mortal coil. I'll be pretty annoyed if I go "early" and with money in the bank!
            Chris
            80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

What is even more annoying is having been retired 20 years & only discovering "real" photography in the last couple of years, all those wasted years.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
                What is even more annoying is having been retired 20 years & only discovering "real" photography in the last couple of years, all those wasted years.
                But on a positive note .......... you did discover it.
                Colin

Comment

Originally posted by ctrollen View Post
                  I could budget better (both time and money) if I knew when I am to shuffle off this mortal coil. I'll be pretty annoyed if I go "early" and with money in the bank!
                  My sentiments entirely... We've told the kids not to hold their breath and I'm determined to outlive my statistical point of shedding my mortal coil just so I can stick it to the insurance
                  Cheers;
                  Lee
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
                  5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
                  17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Working...
                  X