Micron to discontinue Lexar products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Micron to discontinue Lexar products

Looks like Micron is going to discontinue its Lexar memory products. The company is possibly going to sell that part of the business ...

Re: Micron to discontinue Lexar products

That really is a blow. as once sandisk have a virtual sole market prices will surely rise and the need to make superior products disappear

Comment

Couldn't agree more. Lack of competition isn't good.
      Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Eh? Sandisk have a sole market? What about PNY, Kingston, Samsung, Toshiba and Verbatim to name but a few. The list of members of the SD Association can be found here: https://www.sdcard.org/about_sda/member_companies/

Sandisk are big, and cheap and reliable, but they don't have a monopoly. A case of the sky falling perhaps?
        EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

I have just put some more memory (Crucial/Micron) in my PC.

However, I have only ever used Sandisk in my Cameras, and have done for years, without any problems.
          Dave

Comment

I've tried several different makes of cf cards but not Lexar. The only one I've ever had a problem with was a Sandisk, which corrupted several files. Having said that, I now use Sandisk virtually all the time, just because of the name I suppose.

John

Comment

I have only ever known one Sandisc card fail and on checking the numbers, it was a cheap Chinese copy, purchased from an auction site at a bargain price.
              Colin

Comment

The majority of my cards are Lexar. Never had any issues apart from the fact that they do allow me to make some rubbish images

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
                Peter

Feel free to browse my
                Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

there are as andy so rightly states plenty of SD card brands out there ,but not that many C/F ones .and i can only speculate how many of those brands actually make them as opposed to buying and re-branding sub-standard or reject ones from micron .
                  personally i have only ever used either sandisk or lexar cards and never had any problems with either

Comment

I have broad range of CF and SD cards from various brands from Lexar and Sandisk to Boots own and whatever it is that Wilko sell - they all work. I've never bought any e-bay dodgy offerings though...
                    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

yes they will all work as you state nigel ,BUT at what read/write speeds .if that doesnt bother you then carry on with the cheapies ,personally i prefer fast cards ,especially when doing bursts as with the top end c/f cards not only do they write and clear quicker but you also tend to get larger bursts than the camera makers stipulate .due to the cards we use now not being available when the cameras were designed /built .
                      in fact i believe the latest nikon offering the d500 runs on a specific type of card to achieve its designated burst speed

Comment

All my cameras are old and slow (by current specs) when it comes to burst fire so practically any card is likely more than fast enough... Mostly it's focusing issues that seem to keep the speed down - especially if I use my old 200-400 Tammy.
                        Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
                        X