Marloes, Pembrokeshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marloes, Pembrokeshire

Marloes is the last village before you hit the Pembroke coast and the ferry to Skomer - a small place which boasts this rather incongruously grandiose clock tower, erected by the local Liberal Association in memory of the 4th Baron Kensington who died in 1896.

And no, the verticals do not need correcting - the tower is tapered!

Marloes clock tower by John Liddle, on Flickr
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Re: Marloes, Pembrokeshire

John

Tom

Comment

Nice shot. I there's scope for a bit of contrasty/mono action there too.

I've been through Marloes plenty of times, either on my way to Martin's Haven for Skomer or to start a circular walk around the peninsular from the NT car park at Marloes Mere. I don't think I've ever actually stopped to see what the village has to offer, though!
      Chris
      80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Tom & Chris - thank you for looking and commenting.

Originally posted by ctrollen View Post
        Nice shot. I there's scope for a bit of contrasty/mono action there too.

I've been through Marloes plenty of times, either on my way to Martin's Haven for Skomer or to start a circular walk around the peninsular from the NT car park at Marloes Mere. I don't think I've ever actually stopped to see what the village has to offer, though!
        There is not much in the village - small shop, pub, church and clock tower - of which mono version now in appropriate section
        John Liddle

Comment

now it well John, passed this way at least twice weekly with work never took the time or camera but lots of interest along this coast. nice shot.

Comment

Haydnj - thank you for looking and commenting
            John Liddle

Comment

Working...
            X