Rock Festival Pyrotechnics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rock Festival Pyrotechnics

These pyrotechnics are on for two seconds, so you have to be quick. I like the ghostly apparition of the guitarist appearing out of the right hand flames. The Band was "Patent Pending" from New York and I really enjoyed their show.

Colin

Re: Rock Festival Pyrotechnics

Well caught Colin

Tom

Comment

It would have been a great shot without the guitarist, but that addition really makes the shot. Well caught indeed.
      Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
        It would have been a great shot without the guitarist, but that addition really makes the shot. Well caught indeed.
        Agreed.
        Chris
        80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Thanks guys.

I didn't notice the "apparition" until I checked it on the computer.
          Colin

Comment

Did you' anticipate' using single shot mode or did you fire off a few?
            Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Bit of both really Bob.

The pyrotechnics will only go off a couple of times during each performance, but it will only happen for the headline bands. There is no forewarning to the public, but I found out that the band and security get a 10 second warning via a buzz in their earpiece. I didn't get that info, but if you are observant, you can notice the band take a step back from the very front of the stage and the security move a step or two away. Then I am ready for the initial flames and squeeze off three shots, which is what I normally do for birds in flight shots .......... without the fire!
              Colin

Comment

I like that.

I'd be inclined to clone out the guitar's headstock to make the apparition in the flame a bit more freaky...
                Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
                X