Yet another battery grip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another battery grip!

With the 6D MkII Canon releases yet another battery grip! Personally I find this pretty close to a rip-off and simply a means to drive additional revenue.

Surely it would not be too difficult to design a standard grip which perhaps only required a body-specific shim? I can accept the need for different grips for each body series but not for upgrades within a body series itself.

End of moan ...

Re: Yet another battery grip!

I appreciate your point of view. I am a great fan of interchangeability.
    Colin

Comment

And batteries, standardising batteries can't be rocket science, manufacturing one standard charger too.
      Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyT View Post
        And batteries, standardising batteries can't be rocket science, manufacturing one standard charger too.
        I am not moaning too much on that point. 1D MKIII, 1D MKIV, 1Dx and 1Dx MKII are all effectively the same battery. Slight change for the 1Dx and 1Dx MKII, but that only added functionality. Any battery from the above models will function in any of the bodies and re-charge in any of the chargers.
        Colin

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
          With the 6D MkII Canon releases yet another battery grip! Personally I find this pretty close to a rip-off and simply a means to drive additional revenue.

Surely it would not be too difficult to design a standard grip which perhaps only required a body-specific shim? I can accept the need for different grips for each body series but not for upgrades within a body series itself.

End of moan ...
          They certainly used to be able to do it with batteries - my D30, 20D and 40D all take the same BP511/511A pack, as will the D60, 10D, 30D and 50D...

Similarly the 20D to 50D are all compatible with the BG-E2 grip (and I believe the BG-E2N as issued for the 40D). Sadly such a long series of cameras using the same grip however does seem to be a thing of the past - not enough profit in it maybe?
          Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
          X