MPB advertEOS magazine advert

Thread: Goldfinches or Siskins?

Default Goldfinches or Siskins?

I have just read Andrew Fusek Peters article in the July to September issue of the EOS Magazine and kept looking for the Goldfinches to which he referred. I can only conclude that he is referring to the photo of the the two fighting Siskins. It is an interesting article about a two year project to use flash to freeze action, thereby enabling low ISO and slow shutter speeds to capture fast movement. However, I can't understand how the various references to Goldfinches wasn't spotted when the pictures and story clearly relate to Siskins. Or have I missed something?

Member*

Default Re: Goldfinches or Siskins?

Yes! The double spread of the siskins is page 62-63. On page 64, at the bottom of the left-hand side is a section titled "Previous page" where he describes how he got the shot of the siskins. Any mention of goldfinches is unrelated.

Welcome, by the way!
    Last edited by ctrollen; 01-07-2017 at 15:02.
    Chris
    750D - EF-S 15-85 IS USM - EF-S 55-250 IS STM - EF 50 f/1.8 STM - EF 100-400L IS USM - EF 100 f/2.8 - Kenko HD 1.4x

I may be old, but clearly not too old to have to learn to read! Thanks for the clarification.
    How did I miss that! In life, I normally read the small print first!

Member*

You're welcome! I have also now changed the word "diamond" in my reply, which auto-correct preferred to "siskins" but it seems you got the gist anyway
    Chris
    750D - EF-S 15-85 IS USM - EF-S 55-250 IS STM - EF 50 f/1.8 STM - EF 100-400L IS USM - EF 100 f/2.8 - Kenko HD 1.4x