New Member from Cumbria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member from Cumbria

Having read a few 'New Member' introductions, it seems that I may not be too old to join after all. Retired and living in Borrowdale I have been an EOS Magazine subscriber and Canon user for the last 10 or so years. I had hoped that the combination of the two would assist my development in photography. To be fair, both have done their bit but my application has perhaps been a bit suspect. I enjoy wildlife, landscapes and people. Living in the Lake District I thought I may get some good landscape images, but to be fair I don't compete with some of those around who can really do the business so wildlife, and birds in particular seem to be the photos I enjoy taking most of all.

Re: New Member from Cumbria

Greetings Ploddy and welcome to the Forum. Look forward to seeing some of your work.
    Colin

Comment

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure will find it a friendly and informative place.

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
      Peter

Feel free to browse my
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Tom

Comment

Welcome .....what a super location.....The Derwent and Keswick area are one of my favourites in the lakes.
          Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Welcome..... I stay in the Derwentwater Hotel in Portinscale for 5 days every November .Its a nice walk to Keswick and i always spot a Muscovy Duck by the Keswick Launch on Derwentwater. This year will be the first time with a DSLR so I can't wait to get down there.
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/150977425@N05/

Comment

Welcome to the forum, I originate from a little village near Carlisle and my sister lives just down the road from you in Knobagob (Cockermouth) :)
              Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Hi .........?, and welcome to the forum.

Age is just a number, and it's the way you think that counts. I think I'm still young, but when I do some heavy graft, my body sometimes reminds me that it's almost 75 ☺
                Dave

Comment

Totally agree with Dave, he has nearly 20 years on me, but in photography it is an age leveller, in fact one learns more from those that have made the mistakes and in the age of pre digital had to get it right first time.
                  Last edited by TonyT; 02-07-2017, 21:45.
                  Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Welcome, I agree with all the above age related comments, the only problem I have is retaining all the wonderful help you get on this forum. Dave

Comment

I think I'm still young
                      So do I, but when I go into the bathroom first thing in the morning, all bleary eyed and look in the mirror, ............... my Father is looking back at me!
                      Colin

Comment

Welcome Ploddy - the Lakes, lucky you. I stay in the Inn on the Lake at Glenridding quite often when up your way.
                        Also lucky Dave S only a lad at 75 wish I was still 75, as for Tony T he's still in the pram!
                        Enjoy the forum
                        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Welcome Ploddy. Landscapes are my nemesis; but I keep trying... Look forward to seeing your work.
                          Cheers;
                          Lee
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
                          5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
                          17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Welcome ploddy from Lancashire looking forward to seeing some of your photos
                            EOS 60d, EF50mm 1.8, EF-S18-55mm 3.5-5.6, EF 28-90mm 4-5.6, EF-S 55-250mm 4-5.6 IS, Sigma 10-20mm 3.5 EX DC HSM
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/jongoodger/

Comment

Working...
                            X