Hi from North Yorkshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from North Yorkshire

Hi. I've been using a Canon 450 for many years and for one reason or another have fallen a bit out of love with it. I am due to (sadly) receive a sizeable inheritance soon so I'm intending to use some of it to buy myself a new Canon to reignite my love of photography. I'm hoping to get lots of advice from other forum users - particularly as the end of caring for elderly parents looks like we might be able to now travel the world more extensively.

Re: Hi from North Yorkshire

Hello Ann and welcome to the Forum. Lots of free advice on here so ask away when you feel the need.

Look forward tossing some of your work in due course.
    Colin

Comment

Welcome from me too Ann.

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
      Peter

Feel free to browse my
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Welcome to the forum Ann

Tom

Comment

Hi Ann and welcome to the forum.

You say you've fallen out of love with the 450D ... any particular reason that you can think of?

What type of photography would give you the most pleasure?
          Canon EOS 6D Mk II, 700D, Canon 24-105mm L, 100-400mm, 100mm f2.8 L Macro.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Ann. I am sure you will love it.
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Welcome to the forums Anne, sorry for your loss, we are a nice bunch here and will help in anyway we can with advice etc.
              Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Hi Ann, and welcome aboard.
                Dave

Comment

Another warm welcome to the forum. Sorry for your loss; but much to look forward to. The 450D was an able piece of kit in its day, but the advances over tgd last few years has been immense... Don't hesitate to ask questions; lots of experienced members on here al, willing to help...
                  Cheers;
                  Lee
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
                  5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
                  17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Jock View Post
                    Hi Ann and welcome to the forum.

You say you've fallen out of love with the 450D ... any particular reason that you can think of?

What type of photography would give you the most pleasure?
                    I'm not sure exactly why I've fallen out of love with my 450d. maybe it's size? I'm wondering about buying a M5. Has anyone any experience of this camera? Is it any good to use when travelling?

Comment

Yes, Tom( Tesarvar ) uses one, you can see his posts here and ask him, I am sure he will help you out with any questions.

Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Welcome to the forum Anne
                        Steve ( LSINWP )
                        1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Hi I have the M5. Got it when it was 1st released. It is my main walk-around camera, I did use it with the Tamron 18-270, but now have the Tamron 18-400 on it as my main lens. So if you have any questions about it let me know.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                          X