Seen the Bee Eaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seen the Bee Eaters

Just a heads up for those wanting to see them, I saw six today, they are using a single tree as their main perch while feeding, the problem is it is a fair way from the viewing area, that said you can see them ok, max I saw perched at once was six, one did try a smaller tree but on the BBC image the main tree they use is above the gent in the blue shirt second from the left , so you can gauge the distance, late pm the sun becomes and issue as it casts a shadow and today a bit of a heat haze. But you do see them feeding. There was some bird club set up with scopes you could look through.
    I was using a 500 MM with a x2, gawd knows what the guy used on the shots I have seen on the web, possibly the Hubble telescope.

Copyright
    There are fears the birds, rarely seen in the UK, may be disturbed as they build nests.

There are reported to be some in Kent too.
    Last edited by TonyT; 02-07-2017, 16:46.
    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...
Working...
X