PROUD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PROUD!

First-up; my profuse apologies for just popping in then out again without leaving any other commentary; promise I'll make up for it next week...

Wanted to share this because we are proud of what's been achieved...

Friday June 30 saw EasyJet Airbus A320 G-EZUT perform a London Gatwick > Paris Charles de Gaulle and return...

Nothing unusual about that you will justifiably say... except for us...

Sitting in the right-hand seat, at just 20 years and 2 days of age was our eldest grandson (Ben) performing his first commercial rotations as First Officer... The Captain flew the outbound sector while Ben flew the return

Granddad (me) and Dad (Andrew) grinning broadly like Cheshire cats as we watched him depart and arrive later in the day...

Gatwick is notorious for difficulty in getting shots; so these were the best I could manage... Arrival is not too bad, but the depart is sadly a 'belly-shot'!

1. G-EZUT departs LGW as EZY 8325 en-route CDG...

2. G-EZUT arriving LGW as EZY 8324 ex CDG with Ben at the controls...

3. We will get the images framed up for Ben; here's what we plan on giving him...

Cheers for now...
    Cheers;
    Lee
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
    5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
    17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Re: PROUD!

And why not...

Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

A proud granddad. Why not.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Excellent! Your pride is justified and understandable.
        John

70D, 30D, G1X Mk II, G12, EF-S 15-85, EF-S 18-55 STM, EF 40 STM, EF 50 II f 1.8, Sigma 10-20 f 4-5.6, Sigma 150-500 f 5-6.3, Sigma 1.4 EX DG Teleconverter, Tamron 90 f 2.8, Tamron 70-300 VC, Speedlite 270EX, 270EX MkII, 430EX III-RT, 550EX, 580EX, 600EX-RT and numerous bits and pieces.

Comment

he has done well at such a young age

I am sure he will love the frame as a reminder of the special day
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

I think that's an excellent recognition of a career milestone and a brilliant birthday event ... next one has to be Captain W climbing away in an A380 - which I'm sure will be well within his potential! The lad done good ...

Comment

Super I would be proud as punch as well

Comment

Queasy Jet huh Congratulations to him, he will love it and will be justifiably proud. And to top it off you managed something half of the films ever released never managed, to get the same aircraft landing that took off
                Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

You are right to be proud and we share your joy ................ that is some achievement!
                  Colin

Comment

Thank you all; we really are supremely proud of what he's achieved. After 18 months of hard graft; the lad has indeed done good and set a very tough target for his brother and cousins to follow in the years ahead! We have no doubt that he'll make Captain of a long-hauler, but by the time that happens the A380 will be yesterday's machine... More likely to be looking at a later variant of the A350 or the (as yet unknown) A390!
                    Cheers;
                    Lee
                    5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
                    17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

You should be proud. Well done

Tom

Comment

Wonderful!
                        And what a good record of the day.
                        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Excellent! You should be justifiably proud!

Great record too!
                          Canon EOS 6D Mk II, 700D, Canon 24-105mm L, 100-400mm, 100mm f2.8 L Macro.

Comment

Congrats!

Richard
                            Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Tom/Brian/Jock/Richard; many thanks. It's quite surreal really. Seems like only yesterday we were changing his nappy
                              Cheers;
                              Lee
                              5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X

Comment

Working...
                              X