Camera Connect Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera Connect Issues

Hi, I've got a brand new 760D and have tried connecting to the app. It just won't work! And I can't seem to find anywhere an answer to the issues I'm experiencing.

Once I've connected my Android phone to the camera WiFi, all I get on my phone are the options for Live View, settings GPS etc and pictures on camera, NOT the images that I've seen shown on the web. No option for changing settings on the camera, or using the phone as a remote release.

Can someone help me please.

PS I'm a new member on here, so still trying to find my way around everything. So if this is not the correct place for this question, can I be pointed in the right fight direction. Thanks in advance.

Re: Camera Connect Issues

Just lifting you to the top of the page so it can be seen.

I do not have the facility so can't help you, but in the meantime look here

Last edited by TonyT; 05-07-2017, 12:51.
    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

I'll see if I can help as I have a 750D which should be the same. I'm not sure about troubleshooting so let's start with some simple checks.

It seems you can connect to the camera wi-fi OK and then you fire up the Canon Connect app on your phone, yes?

I'm not sure what images you've seen on the web but the first screen I see is this:
      Screenshot_20170705-205850.jpg

Is this different to what you see?

This is Canon Connect v1.3.10.21 and I'm using an HTC One M8 running Android 6.12.401.4
      Chris
      80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Originally posted by ctrollen View Post
        I'll see if I can help as I have a 750D which should be the same. I'm not sure about troubleshooting so let's start with some simple checks.

It seems you can connect to the camera wi-fi OK and then you fire up the Canon Connect app on your phone, yes?

I'm not sure what images you've seen on the web but the first screen I see is this:
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]15496[/ATTACH]

Is this different to what you see?

This is Canon Connect v1.3.10.21 and I'm using an HTC One M8 running Android 6.12.401.4
        Hi Chris,

This is what I see:

Capture.JPG

Cheers

Comment

OK, I'm at work now and don't have my camera with me but let's have a go. Firstly, it looks like you have a different version of Connect than I do but I expect (hope!) that they're not that different in operation.

If I open up Connect on my phone now, then the screen is very similar to the one I posted before, but where it said "CANON 750D" it now says "Camera not connected" and below that, where it showed the SSID of the camera's wi-fi "CANON 750D_Canon0A" it now shows the SSID of my office wi-fi.

Similarly, yours is saying "Camera not connected" and shows the SSID of (presumably) another wi-fi that it has detected.

First of all, try to establish a wi-fi connection between your camera's wi-fi and your phone without using the Connect app. If this proves a little tricky, you may need to reset your camera's wi-fi settings and start over again. I think the option to do this is below the Wi-fi/NFC Enable/disabled option on the camera's menu. It isn't too painful as I had to do it myself recently and is well documented in the manual, here if you haven't already got it:

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/2/030001..._Manual_EN.pdf

Only once you've connected your phone to the camera's wi-fi will the Connect app work as expected, so try this first and see how you get on.
          Chris
          80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

The screen doesn't really change once connected to the camera. It looks nothing like your screen and I have no facility for remote release, only using in Live View and looking at images on the camera.

Comment

What version of Connect do you have?
              Chris

Comment

Version 2.0.40.38 (build 593)

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Kirkham View Post
                  Version 2.0.40.38 (build 593)
                  Interesting, considering I'm still on v1.

Disregarding Connect completely, can you just connect the phone to the camera's wi-fi at all?
                  Chris

Comment

Originally posted by ctrollen View Post
                    Interesting, considering I'm still on v1.

Disregarding Connect completely, can you just connect the phone to the camera's wi-fi at all?
                    I'll try this evening when I get home.

Comment

Camera Connect is an app that allows you to operate your camera remotely in Live View Mode. It does not act as a remote shutter release in normal shooting mode. If you connect via Wi Fi to a laptop running windows (or I presume iOS) you can use EOS utility which will allow this facility.
                      Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X