Calke Abbey - new set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calke Abbey - new set

...I've just processed another set from last weekend ....praise and criticism welcome of course!

_MG_1605.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr

_MG_1611.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr

_MG_1617.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr

_MG_1620.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr

_MG_1598.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr

_MG_1580.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Re: Calke Abbey - new set

Three and four are my favourites....and the last one says something about NT custodianship of the location.
    Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Nice set Brian

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom
        Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

the flowers and the mono old guy are the best

Stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Thanks Stan
            Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

I like the second Brian and the old guy, what made you visit Calke? its not one of the major homes in the area, such as Chatworth, though thats wrapped in scaffolding at the moment.
              Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Thanks Tony....we decided to join National Trust and go to the locations that we've not been to before....such as Speke Hall and Dunham Massey....we used to go to Tatton quite regularly when the children were small.....but want to visit these properties and others and do the full tour without kids in tow. Four visits and membership pays for itself....having joined on 1/7/17 we get till 31/7/18.....so 13 months to get our moneys worth.
                Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

I know the feeling I am a member too, got your free Bino's?
                  I go there often so it makes sense. there are a couple of hides too, one at the bottom of the main car park near the deer fence on the left. It is where I photograph my woodpeckers from, as you get three Greater Spotted all the time.
                  Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Tony!
                    Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

If you go again at anytime

The other hide is when you come in and go over the cattle grid, just past it about 60 foot on the right is a trail, go down that, turn right after the gate and follow it down then take the right path ( about 50 foot down), hide there for the reed buntings etc I have posted.
                      Another nice place is the reservoir, when you leave and drive out of the back gate turn left and there is a car park at the end, a path leads you down to the reservoir and if you stay on it it goes over the weir and up around the deer park, you can do a complete circuit and back via the exit to the car park, about 4 miles. but the short way to the reservoir is as above.

The National Trust's Calke Abbey is a country house estate set among 600 acres of countryside and gardens in Ticknall, Derbyshire.

weir with path over

Staunton Harold Reservoir, Melbourne Picture: The weir - Check out Tripadvisor members' 112 candid photos and videos of Staunton Harold Reservoir

path along reservoir to weir

Comment

..good info, thanks for taking the time, I missed this earlier
                        Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

A good and varied set

Cheers,
                          John

Comment

Working...
                          X