Farewell to Colin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farewell to Colin

Don't know which is the best portrait to present to Colin, who retired after 50 years in the Cathedral choir. He lives in Flint and never failed to turn up for practices or to sing in the choir. He is a County Councillor for Flintshire County Council.

IMG_2448 by Nathaniel Ramanaden, on Flickr

IMG_2450 by Nathaniel Ramanaden, on Flickr

IMG_2453 by Nathaniel Ramanaden, on Flickr

IMG_2462 by Nathaniel Ramanaden, on Flickr
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Farewell to Colin

the 1st image for me as you made eye contact.

Tom

Comment

Hmm Nat that's an interesting one! You know him best so what seems most characteristic to you?

Eyes are important - he'll be looking at this for the years to come- so I've dumped nš 3.

He looks a bit worried in nš 1 although you have the best eye contact. If you pick this then drop his highlights down a bit as he has a glassy forehead

Number 2 is my pick as he could be singing or councilling and looks quite relaxed. Check his forehead again.

Number 4 is quite nice as well, a natural pose with better tones in his skin. If you pick this one I suggest you crop some of that background and remove the clutter- the trailing wire, his tie label.

And straighten those verticals !!

It's a lovely gesture to give him a picture which we hope he will treasure in the years to come.Why not get his wife around to ask her opinion without him knowing....she may well give you some advice, for instance he may well think poorly on one of his features .
      Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Ha Tom and I thinking along the same lines. He posted whilst I wrote.
        Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Thanks Tom and Bo. He is a widower and so he is on own. I can correct the light on the forehead- no problem. Thinking along your lines Bo, I too like the last one (No:4) marginally better than #1. Yes, I can correct all the little mistakes that I forgot to rectify before I posted these here. Colin is here making his farewell speech!
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Are these two edits OK?

IMG_2448 by Nathaniel Ramanaden, on Flickr

IMG_2462 by Nathaniel Ramanaden, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
            X