Tracking hidden gems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tracking hidden gems

After months of not getting out I'm heading away for 4 days to Holland. I've got a night walkabout planned for Amsterdam but then heading out of the city

does anyone know any hidden gems I should be looking for ? already got a few places that need further research but still looking around so post if you know any
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Re: Tracking hidden gems

Well the night walkabout in Amsterdam should be massive fun- cue lights on canals as well as some opportunities for some interesting street photography in the red light district. .............The girls in the windows will love you and your camera! It was all quite explicit 40 years ago when I went but not been back since
    I've just posted about travels with a FF camera so am interested to hear what you will take with you
    Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

I can't help with hidden gems Ian. But the canals, architecture, cyclists and as Bo mentioned the evening walkabout should include the ref light area, just be aware of who is around you when your out with an expensive camera.

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
      Peter

Feel free to browse my
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Canalstrasse is the red light district..... Cough cough....... Or so I am told.

Plenty of useful sites, Google photographing in Amsterdam,

But this looks a superb guide.

If you're hoping to take some great photos during your visit to Amsterdam, these are the best locations for taking photos in central Amsterdam from canal shots to stunning city views, so take note and get your camera or phone ready!
        Last edited by TonyT; 15-07-2017, 12:40.
        Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

As I recall there are actually multiple sections of red light district in Amsterdam, herself and myself walked through most of one without realising...

We didn't leave the city itself so can't speak to the outskirts but there are canal trips that are well worth doing and the Zoo is a pretty good one if you like zoos, as we do.

You don't say what you plan in town itself but the Anne Frank museum is a must visit location. I managed to make it all the way to the top floor before the abundant dust in the atmosphere got to my eyes.
          EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

cheers guys... I've managed to find a few interesting locations, problem is working out which ones are going to get the blue hr treatment ...

I'm not really that interested in the red light district but I'm sure at some stage I'll come across a light or too lol
            :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

There is a Heineken brewery trip..... But I cannot remember much about it lol, but you can combine it into a package, see

Last edited by TonyT; 15-07-2017, 17:24.
              Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

The Oude Church looks a dead cert for you Ian.

Comment

Anne Franks House
                  Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Working...
                  X