M5 nose problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M5 nose problem

Brother-in-law was having great problems with the focussing point on his M5 - nice camera. He always set it to the middle of the screen but when taking a shot the focus point always jumped to the top left corner - didn't help to get sharp shots!
    I watched him for a while and saw that he had the touch screen activated to focus wherever you touch, and as he was using the electronic viewfinder his nose always pressed on the top left hand corner....
    Solved.
    Cheers, Chris.
    Just chuggin' along.

Re: M5 nose problem

Nice one, I am still smiling at that.
    Colin

Comment

Hahaha I didn't realise the M5 was a point and snoot.
      Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Well at least he had a nose for focusing. Good story

Tom

Comment

Chris - can you tell me the setting your BIL used to turn this feature off - despite footling around in the menus I cannot (so far) get the damn thing to stop moving the focus point when I touch the screen.

BREAKING NEWS!!

Belay that request - I have found it! You have to turn off ALL touch operation via the "Tools - 3 - Touch Operation" menu option.
          Last edited by John Liddle; 15-07-2017, 14:29.
          John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Working...
          X