Who are you calling Crackpot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who are you calling Crackpot!

I have been in this area "Swaledale" on many photography trips usually to make images of the stone barns, field systems and waterfalls. I first noticed a little structure named "Crackpot Hall" on an Ordnance Survey (OS) map, many years ago when our Son was on a school trip to the area and staying in a very small village called Keld. Last week I decided to have a little hike as I thought it rude not to make a visit after all these years. The weather wasn't really that good but you've got to ignore the rain and make the trip in the hope that the sun will shine. Sadly it didn't whilst I was at Crackpot Hall. Originally the farmhouse with the rather grand name of Crackpot Hall had two floors now it has collapsed to what you see at the right of the structure.

The view beyond the structure is worth a trip back when the light is better you can make out the River Swale meandering through the dale named after it.

Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Re: Who are you calling Crackpot!

Nice scene Peter. If I was a bit picky, I might crop a little off the bottle so that the wall starts at the bottom right corner

Tom

Comment

Re: Who are you calling Crackpot!

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
      Nice scene Peter. If I was a bit picky, I might crop a little off the bottle so that the wall starts at the bottom right corner

Tom
      That's a good call Tom I shall give it a go next time I'm at my computer

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
      Peter

Feel free to browse my
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Working...
      X