'Crossover' For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Crossover' For Linux

Does anyone here us Crossover? It is EOS related because I have managed to run my other Windows programs with it very successfully, if I can get Lightroom and Photoshop to run then I can ditch Windows for good.
    When using the installers it stops and says I need to run it on a 64bit system, well it is 64bit machine and 64bit OS, I have emailed Codeweavers but as I'm using the 14 day free trial I seem to be well down the queue for answers, I have told them that if these two programs will run under Crossover then I will purchase a full licence.
    Cheers in advance.

Re: 'Crossover' For Linux

Not an answer to your Crossover question ... but have you looked at VirtualBox? It might be an alternative solution ...

Comment

Thank you for the reply Enigma, yes, I can run it in Oracle VM Virtual Box with a Win7 ISO, WINE is useless with these two and won't even run the installer in Win7 or Win8 emulation, Crossover just seemed to be the Holy Grail as I could run them from icons on the desktop and have all of my Linux styling. I am still waiting for some feedback to my ticket raised with the distributor. Oh well, the dual-boot continues for a while.

Comment

Another option which offers desktop integration (at least on Mac) and which I use is Fusion ... don't know if it runs on Linux though ...

Comment

Working...
        X