Raptor F-22A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raptor F-22A

A few shots from a great display of the Raptor F-22A at RIAT 2017.

No1
    Raptor F-22 by Chris, on Flickr

No2
    "Weapons Bay Open" by Chris, on Flickr

No3
    Climbing by Chris, on Flickr

No4
    Raptor by Chris, on Flickr

No5
    F-22A & P-51B by Chris, on Flickr
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/47382834@N07/

Chris

Re: Raptor F-22A

Impressive shots Chris
    were they taken Saturday? my shots on Sunday were all against a dark moody sky :-)
    last one is my pick - great reflection from the plane
    cheers
    Dave

Comment

Very impressive, love the turbulence from the wings.
      Colin

Comment

Brilliant set
        Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

Comment

Thanks all for looking and leaving your comments. Dave, these were taken on Sunday.

Chris

Chris

Comment

I had a ticket for Sunday but didn't go. Unfortunately, I'd picked up some lurgy and wasn't feeling good all weekend. A two hour schlep down the motorway, 8+ hours standing in an airfield lugging motorbike gear and camera equipment, followed by the return slog didn't appeal somehow. Especially as I'd heard of Saturday's cancellations and the weather didn't look much better for the Sunday.

I wish I'd had the oomph to have forced myself, but there's always next year (although Farnborough is on next year and that's five miles down the road!)

Great set of pics, Chris. Will look forward to seeing more.
            Chris
            80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Lovely set, images 3&4 are my pick

Tom

Comment

Great shots - 4 and 1 would be my selection but they're all good.

Remember the first time she displayed at RIAT and at one point in the routine it looked almost like a pure right angle turn - everyone around me just gasped it was so abrupt.

Comment

In number 1&4 it looks like something out of a sci-fi movie and then you compare the aircraft in number 5, the best of their respective era's. How much has changed in 70 years.

Imagine if we had a secret squadron of F22's, when the chap with the funny moustache decided to invade!
                  Colin

Comment

Love no.3 very nice shots

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

stunning shots

Comment

Very nice Chris - glad you got it flying, we didn't even see it!

Originally posted by ctrollen View Post
                        I had a ticket for Sunday but didn't go...and the weather didn't look much better for the Sunday.
                        I was there Saturday... an hour sitting in the rain, then poor conditions till mid afternoon. Several planes taxied for photos, but the F22 pilot decided he wasn't even going to do that! I hope any war we fight is in good weather!
                        flickr
                        5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Thank you for all your kind comments, much appreciated.

Mikep I have seen and photographed this aircraft several times now it is always good to see. The weather on Sunday was good until late afternoon when it started to rain.

Chris
                          Last edited by cjf999; 22-07-2017, 23:44.

Chris

Comment

Cracking set Chris, I like them all, it looks like you had some very varied sky to contend with

Regards Paul

Comment

Thanks Paul for your kind comments. Yes it was a bit of a challenge throughout the day, the weather couldn't make its mind up what it wanted to do. I have posted more on my Flickr page.

Chris

Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X