Anthony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anthony

This is Anthony. One of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet; but you would never think so from this pose.

Colin

Re: Anthony

Excellent.

Those skin tones have been handled beautifully with that lighting.

Maybe a little more obvious eye contact would have helped.... but that's being quite picky! ;-)

Mike
    flickr
    5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Maybe a little more obvious eye contact would have helped....
      Very perceptive Mike.

Anthony has a problem with his eyes in that his right eye (our left) wanders all over the place. I have shots in the same pose where that eye could be up, down, left, or right. I did think of bringing Photoshop into play, as it's a fairly easy correction, but then I thought what the hell ........... it's how he is.
      Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
        Very perceptive Mike.
        Well, that's a first!

Originally posted by colin C View Post
        it's how he is.
        I think that's best - even though you said he's a nice guy, I wouldn't have wanted to say "can I fix your dodgy eye"! ;-)
        flickr
        5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

An excellent portrait photo.
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I wouldn't have wanted to say "can I fix your dodgy eye"
            He does look rather scary, but that was because I asked him to be. Normally you can't get the smile off his face.

Also, I bent down a little to take the shot, so that I was at his eye level ............... he is barely 5ft tall.
            Colin

Comment

Originally posted by mikep View Post
              Excellent.

Those skin tones have been handled beautifully with that lighting...

Mike
              Totally agree with this.

Tom

Comment

Super shot Colin

Was looking for the exif as I often do which is usually visible with flickr but when opening the link to the shots on photobucket, there is no exif and if you are not careful it jumps to an advert link saying you have won an i phone ets
                Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                flickr

Comment

Great shot, love the lighting too
                  EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Comment

Super portrait...its really excellent in my opinion....I've been back to this shot a few times before commenting to see if I can add something and maybe....just a bit more light in the lower half of his face...the highlights are all top surface, just a little on one cheek....only a suggestion, you'll probably tell me this is a perfect 'Renoir' lighting set up or something....
                    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Cracker; absolutely spot-on. Superb lighting; I think the set-up works well for shape & form...
                      Cheers;
                      Lee
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
                      5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
                      17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Working...
                      X