Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memory Cards

Greetings Everyone,

I am considering purchasing a micro SD card for my T5i. Can anyone suggest a card that would be available in Canada, and what are your thoughts on using an micro SD card in the camera? I'm only considering this because its easier to download pictures to my tablet.

Thanks

Ron
    Canon T5i with 18-135mm lens

Re: Memory Cards

SanDisk gets my vote - I would expect it to be available in Canada ... I usually only use micro when the form factor is my only choice but there's no real reason not to use them in your camera if it makes the subsequent upload process easier.

Comment

Go for class 10 and as large as you can get.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts, so you don't see a problem with using a micro SD card? I'm not into video so its only pictures of landscapes, wild life and the odd portrait.

Thanks again
        Canon T5i with 18-135mm lens

Comment

I think I tried it once and performance wasn't great, probably because unlike Topof suggests the card was a low spec one. If the adaptor and card fit the camera I can't see any reason why it shouldn't work.

There's an alternative which is to use something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Leef-microS.../dp/B00J2D7R20 or what I think is called an On The Go cable which would allow you to use SD cards with an adaptor.
          EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Working...
          X