Mindless Vandalism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mindless Vandalism

I don't know how many of you have visited the North Yorkshire Moors Railway (i know Peter / ST-EOS is fairly local) but over night they suffered an act of mindless vandalism on the set of LNER Teak coaches that reside there .
    I'm still slightly shocked that people of today can still do such a thing , i thought this was a thing of the past .
    There is a bit on their website about it , Heartbreak after vandals attack heritage railway carriages .
    I've already donated to the restoration appeal , hopefully it won't be too long till they are back in running order .
    There are also more picture and a video on the NYMR Facebook page .
    Canon Eos 5D Mark IV + EF 16-35 L MkII + Tamron 24-70 DI VC USD G2 + Sigma 150-600 DG OS HSM S
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/60783975@N03/

Re: Mindless Vandalism

Originally posted by Gordon_H View Post
    I don't know how many of you have visited the North Yorkshire Moors Railway (i know Peter / ST-EOS is fairly local) but over night they suffered an act of mindless vandalism on the set of LNER Teak coaches that reside there .
    I'm still slightly shocked that people of today can still do such a thing , i thought this was a thing of the past .
    There is a bit on their website about it , Heartbreak after vandals attack heritage railway carriages .
    I've already donated to the restoration appeal , hopefully it won't be too long till they are back in running order .
    There are also more picture and a video on the NYMR Facebook page .
    I did see this Gordon, I can't understand what the perpetrators get out of this mindless vandalism. I too have donated to the appeal.

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Just seen the report on the Local (Look North from Newcastle) BBC news and apparently the cleaners found 5 of them asleep in the carriages when they went in this morning .
      There is also a rumour they posted pictures of themselves on social media (not the brightest.....) doing the deed .
      At least the appeal is going well , over 220 donations the last time i looked , good to see there is still a lot of good in the world !
      Canon Eos 5D Mark IV + EF 16-35 L MkII + Tamron 24-70 DI VC USD G2 + Sigma 150-600 DG OS HSM S

Comment

They should be given open-ended community orders and assigned to restoring the damage and not discharged until it's finished ... but that won't happen of course ...

Comment

Mindless cretins .i also saw a post yesterday re a nature reserve ,Cheshire area I believe where the tower hide had been burnt down ,and it's only a couple of days into the school holidays

Comment

This where parenting comes in very strongly. Too many parents today have allowed the nanny state to take over their responsibilities and this is the result.
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

If I had my way they would have to pay to repair these, if they are of an age where they are still their parents responsibilities, the childs phone, toys, xbox, TV etc will be sold to settle the bill, after that we start on the parents goods, Car TV etc. and as said, a community order to make them do it until all is satisfied.

If they are older, their benefits / wages would be cut at source to fund the repairs and if needed any goods they own would be sold to repair the damage.
              Last edited by TonyT; 24-07-2017, 09:36.
              Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

I think what TonyT has suggested is a very good idea.
                Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

A sad sign of the times we live in today. Morons!
                  Cheers;
                  Lee
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
                  5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
                  17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

I heard this on the news this morning. So sad that a small number destroys what is a joy to so many.

Tom

Comment

Two 17 year old boys questioned in relation to this I understand.

Mindless destruction,so vile to think of these thugs destroying what has been carefully and lovingly crafted for the pleasure of many.

I like Tony's suggestion but also give them community service....... supervised by the army perhaps
                      Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Just an update on the situation , They have managed to get some of the coaches back in service , Last Night we were sitting in one of them having a Curry on a return run from Pickering to Grosmont . A couple of the coaches , including the Gresley Buffet , won't return to service till next year as they were the worst hit .
                        As we were returning we overheard one of the railway guys talking to someone on the train about what happened , 7 people (5 males , 2 females) have been charged , they found them through pictures posted on Social media (apparently someone who went to school with them recognised them). The weekend it happened was the 60's event on the railway , according to what was heard they attacked someone who was camping in a van beside the railway who'd tried to stop them committing an earlier act but couldn't get a phone signal to alert the authorities . They were found in a carriage out of their heads by a cleaner , the guy who was talking apparently walked past them in the morning on his way in to work as they were 'leaving' but didn't know what they'd been up to . I didn't catch if the proceedings had started but there was some mention of one of them having an ex-policeman and a social worker as parents......

Getting back to last night i have to say i couldn't think of a better way to spend a Friday night than Riding the NYMR , in a 1930's Gresley Teak Coach enjoying a rather tasty Indian Meal ! Big thumbs up to the Volunteers who got the Coaches up and running again in such a short time !
                        Last edited by Gordon_H; 05-08-2017, 18:14.

Comment

Thanks for te update Gordon, hopefully they will get done for assault as well and do some time, trouble is the UK is so full of damned luvvies they will probably get told not to do it again and be sent on their way.
                          Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Still it looks like they have raised 40K for the repairs, the Beeb gave it at 30K to repair.

Better than what is sadly happening here

Canberra's historic railway museum has been forced into liquidation, with many historic train carriages set to go to auction next month.

Comment

Working...
                            X