M3 and lenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M3 and lenses

I'm not sure where to put this, so here it is.

Over the weekend I picked up a Samyang lens for my other camera. It's an f2 12mm model and cost about 40% of the price of an equivalent branded lens. It's totally manual with no electronic contacts so no reporting of model, focal length and aperture set and of course no AF.

But a) at f8 most of the shot is in acceptable focus if you set the distance correctly and b) being a mirrorless lens, you get the benefit of that fantastic development, focus peaking. So has anyone looked at these lenses - there's a few in the Eos M lens mount and the wider angles work very well on an APS-C sensor.

And if you get past the idea of no electronics, the results can be extremely good for the price.
    EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Re: M3 and lenses

I have one of their 8mm fisheyes in Nikon and for the price I paid the image quality is surprisingly good.
    Last edited by El Sid; 26-07-2017, 12:24.
    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Not bad at all. I suppose manual focus is even easier on an 8mm with decent aperture
      EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyMulhearn View Post
        Not bad at all. I suppose manual focus is even easier on an 8mm with decent aperture
        True, at anything over f5.6 practically everything is in focus anyway...
        Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
        X