Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It makes you want to weep

poor thing...

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Canon EF 500mm F/4.0 EF IS L USM Lens at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!
    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Re: It makes you want to weep

But is it worth a gamble could it be repaired ,someone must think so it has bids

Comment

Yes, I have linked it to this guy, it may help him out

Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

I recently spent a couple of weeks on Mull and although plenty of visitors were taking photographs, the more serious photographers tended to stick together. Over a two week period the following damage occurred:

1. Nikon guy dropped his 70-200mm f2.8 while changing lenses an from that point on it only worked at f2.8. Not Insured.

2. 1Dx + 1.4x and 500mm F4 knocked onto the steel deck of a boat. Outer casing of the 1Dx split and 1.4x permanently fixed to the body. 500mm seemed OK. Not insured.

3. Three month old 7D MKII and 300mm f2.8 slid into the sea. Recovered, but totally dead. Not insured.

My kit is insured, but I still hugged it even tighter to keep it safe.
        Colin

Comment

when i lived in rhyl many years ago i co skippered a 33 foot mitchell fishing boat ,doing trips out many a tale in there ,but during the 6 week school holiday period we made more money doing trips around the bay .i lost count of the cameras ,bags,wallets that inevitably dropped between the edge of the dock and the boat as people got aboard .
          and no matter how hard i searched at low tide i never found a trace of anything ,the loading dock was on the bend of the river and the current just pushed the stuff out to sea .
          a even better one was when i was out on my own yacht one day ,i left a mate to steer us back into harbour while i popped below to tidy up and get ready to moor up ,suddenly everything went silent ,we had hit a big wave and the outboard bracket and engine had sheared off .only £1500 quids worth but 30 + years ago that was a awful lot of money to lose .i always respect the sea now

Comment

I don't have my kit separately insured ... one policy I looked at gave me the clear impression that, for example, if I dropped or lost a body which was not on a strap around my neck they would not be sympathetic to any claim ... I have had a few minor accidents over the years but they have probably cost less than the premiums I would otherwise have paid.

Comment

All of mine is insured, though just below replacement costs, they reflect what I paid for them.

Comment

I see it sold for £637, I wonder how much to repair, someone may well have a Bargain

Regards Paul

Comment

Working...
                X