Kingfisher/flickr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kingfisher/flickr

Well, Photobucket is playing up, so having a go at flickr and see if that works for me.

C18I6957fl by Colin Cross, on Flickr
    Colin

Re: Kingfisher/flickr

Nice shot Colin, well caught. Photobucket, I gave up on it, hence I'm now on Flickr
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Well Trev, I got it working, but it took me nearly an hour to get it uploaded properly. I uploaded this shot four times at different resolutions and sharpness settings to get an acceptable link.

I suppose I was expecting it to be as easy as Photobucket.
      Colin

Comment

Well done Colin. I also left Photobucket awhile ago.

Tom

Comment

Thats a superb shot Colin. I nowadays (rarely) only use PB to post pics on the forum when I don't wish to mess up my flickr site.
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Good shot Colin ,I have used Flickr for years .if used correctly it can also pull in the ££££s to. Added you as a contact anyway

Comment

Works for me all ways round... Excellent - as indeed is the whole of your Flickr stream at this time

As with all new facilities, getting used to Flickr's foibles takes a short while, but once you know what you want, you're off & running...

I too abandoned Photobucket some while back for Flickr... but let's be fair Flickr too is not without its problems and is prone to occasional melt-downs, but, overall, IMO, it's a much better product than Photobucket now.
              Cheers;
              Lee
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
              All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
              5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
              17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Simplest way is upload one in the best resolution you have, then click on the download arrow and click on view all sizes, find the one that works then come out of that by clicking photo top left and use the replace photo option to upload the image size nearest to that.
                Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Forgot to add, cracking image
                  Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Thanks for all the tips. I am on a bit of a learning curve here.
                    Colin

Comment

Ooh I like that... really nice

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

Lovely, Colin, as always, and a great example that when you choose to break the rules (i.e. flying into the space) you can still produce a mighty fine image.
                        I always found it fairly straightforward to upload to Flickr but now I publish to it direct from Lightroom it is even easier.
                        Canon EOS 7D
                        EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                        Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                        flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

super shot Colin
                          thanks for sharing
                          cheers
                          Dave

Comment

when you choose to break the rules (i.e. flying into the space)
                            Well noticed Alex.

I did try a couple of permutations with the composition, but the technically correct wasn't the most visually appealing. I felt it needed the splash to help with the story of the shot and by necessity, that pushed the Kingfisher more towards the right. That transgressed one of the traditional guidelines, but added balance to the shot, where the mass of the Kingfisher was balanced by the mass of the water splash. Of course, I could have covered all the bases by making the subject smaller ............... but I didn't want to.

That's the beauty with composition, so many rules, so just pick the ones that suit you at the time.
                            Colin

Comment

A stunning image of such a beautiful bird!
                              I saw one for the second time in my life about a month ago but didn't my camera ��
                              sue

Comment

Working...
                              X