Bear Creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bear Creek

Took the 6DMKII up to Bear Creek and took these images of the Lake and the waterfalls.

Bear Creek Lake by tesarver, on Flickr

Bear Creek Lake by tesarver, on Flickr

Bear Creek Waterfalls by tesarver, on Flickr

Comments Welcomed

Tom

Re: Bear Creek

Very nice indeed.........don't see any bears though
    Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

Comment

Hi Tom; the falls images are very pleasant... The 1st & 2nd look natural, whereas the 3rd appears to have an HDR feel about it... If they're all as shot, the 6DII looks to have great dynamic range... Enjoy the new toy...
      Cheers;
      Lee
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
      5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
      17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Thanks coolcat and Lee. None of the images are HDR. All shot raw, then processed in LR

Comment

Lovely images Tom. Enjoy your 6D Mk II
          Derek

EOS R, RF 24-105mm L f4, EF 16-35mm L f4, EF 70-200mm f4 L IS II USM

Comment

nice series Tom

all look quite natural apart from the last where all the water seems to be tinged blue

stan
            Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
            flickr

Comment

Nicely done Tom, I think I would have cloned that post on the right out of those two images though

Regards Paul

Comment

Thanks Stan and Paul, I thought about cloning it out, but I decided to let it be as is

Comment

Very nice set Tom; as has been mentioned the last looks a little over processed. What's your initial impressions of the new camera?
                  - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Thanks Tony

Initial impression, Camera is light but solid to the feel. The focus is quick and the articulating screen is a godsend. Changing the focus points seem easier to me on the 6DMKII than the 7DMKII or the 5DMKIII. You press a little button just above the shutter release, then use the dials to move the focus point.

On a down side, it will not replace the 7DMKII as the shutter speed is not in the same league as the 7D. It maybe a big improvement over the the 3 fps of 6DMKI, it feels the same as the 5DMKIII. Most people complain about it not have the 2 card slots, but for me the SD slot is fine and usable as I don't need an adapter to read a card. On the 5D and the 7D I had/have them configured for raw on the CMOS card and jpeg on the SD card, but have never used a jpeg file on either camera.

Overall, very pleased that I got it.

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts Tom; I'm really tempted to upgrade.
                      - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Working...
                      X