80D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80D

Today was the first time I've had a chance to use the 80D and the first thing I noticed was a large speck in the viewfinder an then another couple of small ones. It doesn't appear to be affecting the final images so assume it's the mirror or focusing screen.

I've tried using a blower and that hasn't made a difference and I don't really want to try much more than that on a brand new camera so I think it'll have to go back. I'll speak to HDEW in the morning.
    Chris
    80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Re: 80D

Oh what a disappointment for you. Even though it is just sitting there not affecting anything I can quite understand your desire to exchange it for a clean machine.
    Try to stay patient......!
    Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Thanks Bo. The weather was lovely on Sunday too, so it was extremely frustrating not to be out and able to play with my new toy.

I have just spoken to HDEW. I am to return the body to them, they will send out a replacement and refund the cost of the postage. You can't say fairer than that really, so here's hoping that the next one is all OK.
      Chris
      80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

What a complete swine that is. New toy and it's not right
        EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

It's unfortunate but these things happen. I always wait to see how any supplier reacts when there are issues before passing judgement and so far they've been pretty good about it. Plus of course, distance selling regulations state that I could just send everything back for a full refund, no questions asked, so it's in their interests to resolve this.
          Chris

Comment

They are 100% trustworthy ,my son had issues with a 100-400 lens And after two failed repair attempts by a canon repair centre they refunded him in full plus ALL his postage costs

Comment

Cheers Jeff, I'm not worried at the moment and always like to give suppliers a chance to resolve problems.

Having said that, I've just received an email that they have received the body that I returned and that "a replacement has been ordered from our supplier and will be shipped out to you as soon as it arrives here with us". It depends on how long they think that will take (I've enquired but not had a response yet) which path I follow next - but only really because I'm now getting itchy about having an 80D to use!
              Chris

Comment

Working...
              X