More from Lake Garda...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More from Lake Garda...

...any comments are welcome....I did a short photowalk with 5D3 and 50mm f1.2L (as you do)....the sun was fairly low and across the lake so lots of contrast.....some street style here too..

Cizano 013 by brianvickers, on Flickr

Cizano 009 by brianvickers, on Flickr

Cizano 012 by brianvickers, on Flickr

Cizano 008 by brianvickers, on Flickr

Cizano 011 by brianvickers, on Flickr

Cizano 007 by brianvickers, on Flickr

Cizano 014 by brianvickers, on Flickr
    Last edited by @imagesBV; 09-08-2017, 20:37.
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Re: More from Lake Garda...

You have done very well Brian with these images. there is a lot of contrast and tonal different in all the images, allowing for the eye to focus on part of the photo, then easily able to move and explore the rest.

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom...I really appreciate your feedback.....especially as there doesn't seem to be much appetite for black and white and street photography on the forum unfortunately.
      Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Have enjoyed some great breaks at various places round Lake Garda. Really like last couple of images.
        Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
          Thanks Tom...I really appreciate your feedback.....especially as there doesn't seem to be much appetite for black and white and street photography on the forum unfortunately.
          I would tend to agree with you Brian. Since the start of the digital world all images are taken in color (Unless you want to by a $10,000 Leica BW Camera) and you have to intentionally convert it to BW, so most people feel that the world is in color so why convert to BW. Not like the film days when you bought BW film and hence the image was BW. So I feel that we have lost the appreciation for BW. But that doesn't mean I'm going to stop making BW images as I do like the that style of photography.

Tom

Comment

I agree....I've set to jpeg+raw and now enjoy B&W previews...but the posted versions are the raw conversions.
            Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Nice set Brian. I like the processing. The contrast and tone makes you think of B&W images of the 60's and 70's; especially with the first. The Terry O'Neill and Ilford FP4 era.
              - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Thanks Antoeknee and Tony.....they do have a feel of an era i agree.
                Its being a really good exercise in learning about tone....I just can't get enough at the moment.
                Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Working...
                X