Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: See you at the finish line.

Great shot and a historic moment.

My youngest son went up on the Saturday to catch Bolt and Mo in their last ever races. He wanted my gear to get some shots and was rather surprised that I declined. Not having a DSLR before, he bought a new 760D body and borrowed my 70-200mm f2.8. I haven't seen any results yet ................... or the return of my lens!
    Colin

Comment

Thanks for comments guys.
      Originally posted by colin C View Post
      he bought a new 760D body and borrowed my 70-200mm f2.8. I haven't seen any results yet ................... or the return of my lens!
      Hopefully they weren't confiscated. I'd downloaded the list of prohibited items before going and it included photographic equipment, other than for personal use. I decided to take my old 7D(1) with a 24-105 attached and 100-400(1) but when I presented my bag for inspection, I was told it was professional gear and prohibited. I protested that I wasn't professional and 'professional equipment' wasn't mentioned in the prohibited items. They called across a supervisor who said, I looked an honest person and she would trust me not to use the telephoto lens. I took a few shots with the 24-105 but then because of my advancing years, I forgot about not using the 100-400, oops

John

Comment

Super shot John
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny48 View Post
          Thanks for comments guys.

Hopefully they weren't confiscated. I'd downloaded the list of prohibited items before going and it included photographic equipment, other than for personal use. I decided to take my old 7D(1) with a 24-105 attached and 100-400(1) but when I presented my bag for inspection, I was told it was professional gear and prohibited. I protested that I wasn't professional and 'professional equipment' wasn't mentioned in the prohibited items. They called across a supervisor who said, I looked an honest person and she would trust me not to use the telephoto lens. I took a few shots with the 24-105 but then because of my advancing years, I forgot about not using the 100-400, oops

John
          I did wonder how you'd got away with it when I first saw this post
          Chris
          80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Thanks Stan and Chris.

John

Comment

Working...
            X