Staithes North Yorkshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staithes North Yorkshire

In my recent Saltburn thread I made reference to Staithes so I thought I should create a thread for it. Staithes is a little fishing village North of Whitby in North Yorkshire. I used to spend some of my school summer holidays there in the late 1950's. Staithes hasn't changed very much since those days, it is a lovely little spot.

I hope you enjoy your little tour around Staithes, I shall look forward to your comments.

1. The harbour from Cowbar, I was aware that the tide would be out but I was with two companions that I was helping out with their photography skills. I have posted an image from this viewpoint on here previously. I've just noticed that my guided upright work isn't up to scratch! I only did the left side

2. Looking down on the harbour. It would appear the fishing is picking up given the number of boats in the harbour.

3. Looking back towards the village (portrait version). Image #2 above was taken from above the higher cottage with the two dormer roof windows and the hillside behind it.

4. Looking back towards the village (landscape version). The fourth boat from the left in the centre row is a traditional wooden "Cobble".

Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Re: Staithes North Yorkshire

Fabulous set Peter...I'd heard of the place but never been, so its on my list now.
    No 3 is my pick of the set...but they are all excellent.
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Lovely, colourful, great cloud detail and well exposed. Number three has to be my favourite, no space wasted and well composed.
      Colin

Comment

Totally agree with Colins comments. Number 3 is excellent.
        Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Beautiful set Peter

Tom

Comment

agree great set and what a lovely place
            :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Lovely set of pictures.

Great place to photograph and to paint. Very popular with artists - some have a studio there.
              Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Excellent. I'd go for three followed closely by number one. I've spent time in Whitby before but have never been here; looks like it's well worth a visit.
                - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Being completely un-contrary, a lovely set of shots with #3 my pick
                  Chris
                  80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Very nice set, lovely area

Regards Paul

Comment

Thanks everyone who responded and my apologies for responding so long after you commented. I missed all of your replies sorry
                      Peter

Feel free to browse my

Comment

Number one is the classic well known shot... yours has beautiful colour. Can't pick a fave. Do wish they where mine.
                        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                        Di's Flickr

Comment

A nice set covering a lovely little village One day I may get there myself.

Cheers,
                          John

Comment

Originally posted by DeeGee View Post
                            Number one is the classic well known shot... yours has beautiful colour. Can't pick a fave. Do wish they where mine.
                            Thanks Di
                            Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
                            A nice set covering a lovely little village One day I may get there myself.

Cheers,
                            John
                            Thanks John, that part of the Yorkshire Coast is well worth a visit, though some may say I'm biased
                            Peter

Feel free to browse my

Comment

Working...
                            X