Never seen anything like this !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never seen anything like this !

Went for a visit to The Northumberland Wildlife Trusts , Hauxley Nature Reserve today (our first ever visit , it's just re-opened after having a new VC built) and was shown this photo by one of the guys there , have to say it is pretty amazing , i've never seen or heard about anything like it , it's a pretty good capture as well , made a lot of the 'locals' .
    i'm pretty impressed with the reserve , great VC with fantastic views and lots of hides all over the place and most impressive of all , No Dogs Allowed !

This is a link to the newspaper article.....
    Photographer captures red squirrel enjoying a swim at Northumberland beauty spot
    Canon Eos 5D Mark IV + EF 16-35 L MkII + Tamron 24-70 DI VC USD G2 + Sigma 150-600 DG OS HSM S
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/60783975@N03/

Re: Never seen anything like this !

Well, you learn something new every day, I have never seen that before. Fantastic, looks like a nice new facility.
    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

It is a brilliant Nature Reserve Tony , The VC has fantastic views across the Reserve , They serve decent snacks and coffees , the staff are very friendly and knowledgable , it's free to enter (a donation is welcome ) , we enjoyed it so much we joined the NWT ! Looking forward to returming many times . Our last visit to the Wallington hide was very disappointing due to Dogs being took in there (hence the comment above) and lots of noisy children (Wallington seems to have become very Child orientated recently ) , at least the kids here were interested in Birding and only talked in hushed tones (oops starting to 'Victor Meldew'.....) . We had two mammals run across our path while walking , a Vole and a Stoat , unfortunately too fast to photograph !
      Canon Eos 5D Mark IV + EF 16-35 L MkII + Tamron 24-70 DI VC USD G2 + Sigma 150-600 DG OS HSM S
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/60783975@N03/

Comment

I have also never seen anything like that!
        Colin

Comment

Never even seen a RED squirrel! Plenty of the grey ones, often very comical to watch. Once stood watching two of them in my mother's back garden chasing away the pigeons. ( We'd just come back from shopping so no camera with me!)

Comment

I regularly saw a grey squirrel crossing the beach to swim in tidal river, and on one occasion, witnessed a small fishing boat come alongside the grey and rescued it, on letting it loose on the beach the grey made a bee line back to the water, much to the annoyance of the two fishermen on board, saw it a few times again afterwards swimming.

Comment

Surprising what these rodents(!!!) can do. I have seen red squirrels in Berlin when I visit my neice but never in UK as yet.
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                Surprising what these rodents(!!!) can do. I have seen red squirrels in Berlin when I visit my neice but never in UK as yet.
                Have a nip up to the Red Squirrel walk at Formby (just north of Liverpool) Nat, it's not that far from St Asaph (well an hour or so in the car anyway)
                John

70D, 30D, G1X Mk II, G12, EF-S 15-85, EF-S 18-55 STM, EF 40 STM, EF 50 II f 1.8, Sigma 10-20 f 4-5.6, Sigma 150-500 f 5-6.3, Sigma 1.4 EX DG Teleconverter, Tamron 90 f 2.8, Tamron 70-300 VC, Speedlite 270EX, 270EX MkII, 430EX III-RT, 550EX, 580EX, 600EX-RT and numerous bits and pieces.

Comment

Working...
                X