Frying tonight !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frying tonight !

Couldn't resist the Carry on Catch phrase , this just appeared on Social media , ok for the warning but a 6 Second exposure ?

Frying Tonight !
    Canon Eos 5D Mark IV + EF 16-35 L MkII + Tamron 24-70 DI VC USD G2 + Sigma 150-600 DG OS HSM S
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/60783975@N03/

Re: Frying tonight !

They obviously haven't played with a magnifying glass in bright sunshine.

Focus the suns rays on a friend's hand for 1/1000 second and no problem ........ didn't feel a thing!

Do the same for 6 seconds and end up with a punch in the face .......... and no friend!

Slightly more seriously, here's a shot taken during our partial eclipse and the exposure was nowhere near six seconds, even though there was significantly less light than during full sunlight. Exposure on this was 1/400sec at F16, during a very quick break in the cloud base, so I was very lucky to get anything at all.

G18P4843e by Colin Cross, on Flickr
    Colin

Comment

I got the cane when I was at school for holding a magnifying glass on the back of the girl sitting in front of me and burning a hole in her tunic.
      My mother had to buy her a new one - I was not allowed out for a week. I hate to think what would happen in this day and age if the same thing happened.
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

You would get councilling then the council would send you on a taxpayers weeks paid holiday to rebuild your confidence and team bond with other such miscreants.

Lee sell a filter specifically for this.

http://www.wexphotographic.com/lee-100mm-solar-eclipse-filter-1626324/?mkwid=or8ZIEV1_dc&pcrid={adld}&kword=&match=be&pl id={placement}&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_ campaign=Bing%20-%20Shopping&utm_term=1100702179112&utm_content=Bin g%20-%20Shopping%20-%20Low%20AOV

strange I always thought the eclipse was in the sky and involved the moon and the sun..

If you are attending the total solar eclipse in North America in 2017
        Last edited by TonyT; 21-08-2017, 01:22.
        Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Six seconds exposure behind a 400mm lens in what appears to be more or less midday sun! What else did he expect....
          Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

What else did he expect....
            We now have whole generations of very stupid people dreaming up ever more stupid things to film for Youtube, so that equally stupid people watch it in the hope it goes viral.

Forgive my logical mind here, but isn't a Virus quite unpleasant?
            Colin

Comment

Working...
            X