Flickr Spam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flickr Spam

It doesn't get any better, this morning I received an invitation to join a group called "SexyBadoo" which I've reported. I had one a couple of days ago that from memory had a similar name. However that invite seems to have disappeared from my inbox.
    The way things are going I may ditch Flickr and just host forum web images via my website.

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

I too got this today and I have banned them. I am now looking for some medication/magic that will bring my fitness levels to the 50's age bracket to "compete"!
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I'm probably being dense here, but I don't understand what the issue is with someone following you. Their images don't impinge on you in any way do they?
        Canon EOS 7D
        EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
        Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
        flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
          I'm probably being dense here, but I don't understand what the issue is with someone following you. Their images don't impinge on you in any way do they?
          It is the nuisance value as these images appear in my e-mail inbox as well via flickr!
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
            I believe that these individuals are hoping that you will click on a URL on their page Alex. It may be a that they are phishing attempts.
            The last invitation to join a group I received was a dubious dating/adult group, I declined [emoji6]

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
            Peter

Feel free to browse my
            Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

I didn't know you could block/ban followers, I have several Russians of the type mentioned following me.
              Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

I have several Russians of the type mentioned following me
                It may be that it isn't who you think it is following you. I understand that some girls are paid to pose for photos which are then used by Russian men as bait to lure men into online "relationships" (actually it's a man writing those "replies" to your emails) with the eventual aim of scamming you out of money. It's a scattergun approach, they only need a tiny percentage of men to be drawn in to make it profitable.
                EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Comment

funnily enough i have now had a invite to one of those over 18 dating groups ,and not wanting nat to get caught out by them.i thought i had better check it out for him , i spent a half hour perusing the goods on offer before reluctantly deleting as i heard the wife coming in

Comment

I know it's a scam in the making, just don't know how to block them.
                    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Originally posted by tigerburnie View Post
                      I know it's a scam in the making, just don't know how to block them.
                      Click on their Name > Click on ABOUT > then on the right you'll see BLOCK USER
                      Canon Eos 5D Mark IV + EF 16-35 L MkII + Tamron 24-70 DI VC USD G2 + Sigma 150-600 DG OS HSM S
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/60783975@N03/

Comment

Working...
                      X