Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nikon D850 sets the bar for Canon 5Ds (r) replacement ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nikon D850 sets the bar for Canon 5Ds (r) replacement ...

I don't think its about being lazy I just think as photographers we are constantly pushing the limits of our cameras, and manufactures offer us solutions, at a cost. From the mk3 to 4 I think there has been some vast improvements and very pleased I upgraded
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Perhaps there will be a 5ds r mk 2 bases on the 5d4?

I am still hanging onto my 1ds 3 for the moment as I dont need more than 1600 iso.

Brian
      Last edited by briansquibb; 31-08-2017, 06:21.
      ef-r

Comment

We want the latest bells and whistles but its the apparent cost that stops us; but in reality its just a timing thing.......you just need to do it at the right time for you....i.e. the initial cash outlay maybe high, but if you pay £3k for a new body (wouldn't we all) and sell it on after 5 years for £1k then cost of ownership would be £400 year (less than many pay for a TV subscription).....your glass is still good for many generations of body.....so its not a bad annual cost for your passion....so why not upgrade at the appropriate time for you and embrace the benefits of the latest technology....the old stuff will wear out eventually so you may as well change before it does - or your own body lets you down.
        ....so let me think now.... I bought my 5D3 in March 2015 ....so thats 29 months....so roll on June 19.....and 5DV by then!
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Working...
        X