Neck Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neck Problems

2 weeks ago I had some major neck surgery and have now got some issues with the nerves still so got a tremor in my right hand which is an issue with holding my camera. Im hoping given time it will improve! But didn't have an option with my neck because eventually I could have been paralysed from neck down if I hadn't had it done. Saying that feeling quite good just can't move head up or down or carry anything heavier than 2 cups of tea!!! I did manage to take a couple of pics at our local boating lake.

Posted a couple of them

Sue

Re: Neck Problems

Hello Sue,

Sorry to hear about your health issues. I would strongly advise you to take things easy and not bother with posting pics on the forum. Your health comes first. Get well soon.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Hi Sue; best wishes for a speedy recovery... You can always put the camera on a tripod (or beanbag or other rest) use a remote or the self-timer to overcome the tremors... As for carrying; employ a skivvy
      Cheers;
      Lee
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
      5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
      17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

heck we are all having a back time right now ..hope you get well soon Sue
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Your mallard duckling looks cute but taken, I see, with the 70-200 2.8 which is a LUMP far heavier than a cuppa tea.

You must follow medical instructions (I've got my white coat on now!) for maximum effect so make sure to get the skivvy to set it up on a tripod

Do hope things settle soon, very best wishes
          Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

I hope you get well soon , make sure you look after yourself , you will heal quicker that way .

Comment

Prayers that you get well soon

Comment

Wishing you a speedy recovery.
                Colin

Comment

Yes....health first....and what an opportunity to go more slowly using perhaps a monopod or tripod....nothing wrong in that unless you are a shoot from the hip sort of tog. All the best!!
                  Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Take care Sue, your health and wellbeing are much more important than photography. Please take time to recuperate after the operation then once you've got over that hurdle the worlds your lobster.

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
                    Peter

Feel free to browse my
                    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Thank you for all the kind comments and I do try to do what I'm told but it's not easy cos I'm used to being busy. Unfortunately Bo my skivvy can't do that much for me at the moment since he has enough problems since having had a very serious accident himself at he start of the year!
                      Still we are slowly getting there.
                      Ian I do hope your shoulder soon heals.

Comment

This getting older business isn't what it's cracked up to be.

When I was in my teens, I could accidentally lose an arm and by lunchtime it would have grown back. Now, if I get even a paper cut, it takes a month to heal!
                        Colin

Comment

You just get yourself sorted, replied to your lens thread, BTW I know of someone who broke his neck at home attempting to take a photo when he slipped off a chair he was standing on..

Just over two weeks ago I offered to take a picture of the new Revell Spitfire box for the site, square on shot with no flash is needed ... no problem I thought.Put the kit on my workbench and pulled out a stool to stand on to point the camera down and square on ... and I fell and fell very hard,...
                          Last edited by TonyT; 29-08-2017, 10:36.
                          Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Working...
                          X