Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Download Question

Help!!

Don't know if this is the right area to post this question or not so please forgive me.

I want to download my pictures from my T5i to my Samsung E tab. I shot RAW files and I'm aware that the E tab only uses a micro SD card with an adapter for the camera. My question is what type of software do I need for the E tab to show my RAW file pictures? I'm not interested in doing any photo touch-up on the tablet only being able to look at the photos and delete the bad ones.

Hope this makes sense

Ron
    Canon T5i with 18-135mm lens

Re: Download Question

Ron it seems you may need an Android App, here's a LINK to one, there should be others as well
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Yes this looks like what I want. Any comments on how to download if I don't have WIFI or Google games?

Comment

I've used the app that Peter has suggested and it has worked. Though can't comment about suitability re the T5i images though
        With regards to downloading not sure what port the E Tab has but Samsung do a SD adapter for their proprietary port. And there are loads of Micro SD port adapters as well if that's what you have.
        Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

I'm not computer literate enough to know how to install or even download any thing to the E tab, can someone help?

Comment

Originally posted by cncarinspector View Post
            I'm not computer literate enough to know how to install or even download any thing to the E tab, can someone help?
            OK, given that, this is going to be tricky but I'll give it a go!

I assume you have a Windows PC with an internet connection and a way of getting files from the PC onto the E Tab, either using a USB cable or via microSD card. I don't have an E Tab but do have a Galaxy Note and please bear in mind that I haven't actually tried doing this!

1. On your PC, go to the following site, click on the green bar that says 'Download APK (10MB)'
            https://m.allfreeapk.com/rawdroid-pro,347684/
            Assuming a Windows PC, the file will be accessible in the Downloads folder in Explorer. I have just downloaded this file to my PC and it is virus-free, unlike the file on the first link I tried!

2a. Either connect the E Tab to the PC via USB where the E Tab file system should show up as a drive in your Explorer and you can copy the file across, OR
            2b. Copy the file from the PC to a microSD card and insert the card into the E Tab. You could then copy from the microSD card to the E Tab or access the microSD card directly in step 3, below. This last option might be the easiest.

3. Once the file is accessible on your E Tab you should be able to use the 'My Files' app to navigate to the .apk file itself. You then need to run the .apk file to install it. This is where I am a little unsure (sorry!) but I think just tapping on the file should launch it. This should install the RawDroid app onto your E Tab and you should be good to go.

This link may help if you get stuck accessing files on the E Tab
            http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00046766/

I hope this helps you a bit.
            Chris
            80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Working...
            X