Clear All

Architecture; A Negative View

A new series I've been playing with

Flickr
    Web Page
    Instagram
    Facebook

Re: Architecture; A Negative View

what interesting shots, I like that. The 2nd is my favorite of the 2. What process are you using to get this
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thanks Tigger. It's a simple colour inversion and then I've pushed the sharpening beyond what would be reasonable in a positive image, to accentuate the edges and give it the sort of look you might see in an architectural render.

They were both shot after dusk. The first one there was still a little light left in the sky whilst the second one there was no cloud and the sky was pretty dark.
      Last edited by Jonathan Teatime; 08-02-2018, 23:30.
      Flickr
      Web Page
      Instagram
      Facebook

Comment

I like the second one. It's different enough without being jarring. The problem I have with the first is that it's not recognisable enough to be able to tell what it is or what's been done. if you see what I mean?
        EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan Teatime View Post
          Thanks Tigger. It's a simple colour inversion and then I've pushed the sharpening beyond what would be reasonable in a positive image, to eventuate the edges and give it the sort of look you might see in an architectural render.

They were both shot after dusk. The first one there was still a little light left in the sky whilst the second one there was no cloud and the sky was pretty dark.
          excellent work then, I do think like Andy, its a case of finding the right image to use this process on
          :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Now that is quite amazing and I am considering the next stage. Part of the image negative and the other part positive. With the right image, that could be fun.
            Colin

Comment

Very interesting processing, Jonathan, that suits the very modern curvaceous buildings. Unlike the others I'm going to say I prefer the first though, I think the extra clutter of the second works against it, for me it works better when nearly abstract, and this works best when just simple lines and shapes.
              Canon EOS 7D
              EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
              Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
              flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

I very much like these, really original processing. The first is truly abstract as you're left working out what its all about. The second is excellent too...but not so abstract in that sense. a whole series would be good to see.
                Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Nicely processed. The processing works well for this set.

Tom

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Colin that is an interesting idea that I shall have a play with, thank you for the additional inspiration.
                    Flickr
                    Web Page
                    Instagram
                    Facebook

Comment

Working...
                    X