Countryfile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Countryfile

So what are the opinions of the Countryfile calendar shots this year?

Re: Countryfile

The majority that I saw tonight looked extremely photoshopped

Comment

"Morning Hare" is by John Evans, who used to be a regular wildlife contributor on this Forum and "Berry Brunch" is by Dean Mason, who is a local wildlife photographer to me and Stan.

I particularly liked the "Monarch of the Morning" and the "Twilight Hunter", although regarding the latter it would appear to be early morning, but let's not let facts get in the way of a snappy title!

Regarding the rest? I see better on this Forum every week .............. but that's only my opinion.
      Colin

Comment

I thought the three butterflies all neatly lined up and all in focus looked very suspicious. I can't remember most of the others so they obviously didn't make a big impression.
        EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Comment

I agree with Colin in that I see much better pictures on the forum! but photography is a subjective matter and I will leave it at that!
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Anyone have a link ? Anyone here enter ?

Comment

Originally posted by Fallow View Post

John

Comment

Apologies, I thought these were the winners bit it seems they're just some of the finalists and the winners haven't yet been chosen . If I actually watched the programme, I would know that.

John

Comment

These are the winners in so far as the judging group have chosen them for the calendar. The final winner is chosen from among these 12 by public vote.
                  EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Comment

I agree with Jeff, they nearly all looked so false, I think this maybe the first year I won't be getting one, as for the butterflies, how did Simon King ( one of the judges) not see that that was rigged?

Comment

I wouldn't enter.....they sell 500,000 of these at around £10.00, so that's £5m, half goes to the BBCs children in need....fair enough and only £1000 goes to the winner and its in vouchers...the presenters get more than that for one episode...and the BBC pockets the rest.
                      Not sure if Chris Evans gets a cut too....
                      Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by Fallow View Post
                        I did enter with my "rat" photos!!!!!!
                        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Agreed some look over worked , and some looked set up , but a lot of Wildlife photography is set up these days , and it still takes a lot of time if done for and by yourself . I like the Cygnet and the Yak ? Best .

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
                            I agree with Jeff, they nearly all looked so false, I think this maybe the first year I won't be getting one, as for the butterflies, how did Simon King ( one of the judges) not see that that was rigged?
                            'Rigged' or just a clever piece of photographic technique? It's hard to be sure but the three butterflies look to be the same butterfly so the image could be three separate shots from a sequence taken as the butterfly approached the flower which have been layered and masked to produce the image as seen.

Unless the rules specifically forbid it I don't see an issue here - as far as I recall this competition is run more on a visual art basis with nature as a set theme rather than a 'proper' natural history event...
                            Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

But surely if nature is the theme then natural should be a strong part of the image & clever photographic technique it may be but I do not see anything natural in that shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X