Countryfile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Countryfile

The terms and conditions state (my emphasis added)

"4. Countryfile is aware that digital photography does allow for some image enhancement. You can enter images that have had spots, scratches "or other blemishes removed. You can have worked on the colour or enhanced the image for the sake of the composition. You can also crop the image to improve composition.

We will not accept composite images - entries that stitch two or more separate photographs together to make one image, or entries that superimpose elements photographed separately onto an image.

We want you to stay faithful to the spirit of the competition, and never deceive the viewer or misrepresent the aspect of nature being portrayed. BBC Countryfile and the judges reserve the right to exclude any image they believe may have been excessively treated so as to alter its authenticity.
    "

from http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/arti...and-conditions
    Chris
    80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Are we all agreed that the butterfly shot was the same butterfly added to the end result? If so it has broken their rules & should have been excluded, allowing Nats rats to be on there instead.:)

Comment

Are we all agreed that the butterfly shot was the same butterfly added to the end result?
        I am aware that some Nikon models allow multiple exposures on the same shot. As this is done in camera and not post editing, this could possibly be a grey area within the rules as it is the same image, rather than a composite image.

I am not suggesting that this is acceptable or not, just a possible explanation of why it may not have been disqualified. Or, another explanation could be that the judges are dumber than a box of frogs and didn't realise it was the same Butterfly, or it could even be three separate Butterflies.
        Colin

Comment

Looks like they ignored their own rules - or forgot them...

I note the interesting clause: ' BBC Countryfile and the judges reserve the right to exclude any image they believe may have been excessively treated so as to alter its authenticity'. Perhaps what they really mean is 'We will not accept composite images... unless we like them'.
          Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
            Are we all agreed that the butterfly shot was the same butterfly added to the end result? If so it has broken their rules & should have been excluded, allowing Nats rats to be on there instead.:)
            Crying my eyes out because my rats were not inclueded!!!! Would have paid for the Sigma 100-400mm Bazooka lens!!

IMG_2253 by Nathaniel Ramanaden, on Flickr

IMG_2249 by Nathaniel Ramanaden, on Flickr

Pictures -2017-04-08 by Nathaniel Ramanaden, on Flickr
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

They ratted you out Nat!
              Colin

Comment

What to do Colin! I have to shed my tears into my camera holdall!!
                Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

When I saw these I though some looked over processed and the butterfly a multiple image. My better half also commented on these points.

Cygnet was the one that appealed most to me.
                  Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

I quite liked the red squirrel shot and on the same thee, Nat's leaping rat should have been in there, deffo! Even though the focusing is slightly out.
                    Last edited by collywobbles; 07-09-2017, 15:51.

Comment

Working...
                    X