Louth, Lincolnshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Louth, Lincolnshire

Whilst visiting a company today I noticed this photo of the church taken some time in the 1960s, OK its not that long ago but I though I'd go and see if I could find the spot and see if the view had changed.
    Here is my effort....helped by a passerby for position using the original picture taken on my phone as reference.
    IMG_0399.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr

_MG_4426.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Re: Louth, Lincolnshire

A very good effort Brian. Well done.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Brian

Tom

Comment

Cheers Tom!
        Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

thats excellent work, well done
          :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thanks Ian
            Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Interesting comparison, Brian, and its resulted in a lovely image; great verticals.
              Canon EOS 7D
              EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
              Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
              flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Thanks Nat ...I like to go out with a purpose and to replicate the print provided that...

and thanks Alex.....I used a wider angle than needed so I could keep the lens on the level and cropped the bottom in PP else the verticals would have been all over the place.
                The original was taken on medium format film....the negative is stuffed behind the print within the frame apparently.
                Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

I showed this to the MD of the firm I was visiting, he was interested and explained that his father took the original.

He told me, by the way, that he went into a local bookshop recently to but a specific David Bailey title and asked the assistant as it wasn't in the photography section.....he was told it was on the top shelf with the other erotica! Made me think we are more prudish now than 30-40 years ago?
                  Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Working...
                  X