Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aurora 2018 for PC

The looong wait is nearly over!

The re-write of Aurora for both PC and MAC has a release date of September 28 with pre-order at £80 available now:

Aurora's website with brief intro: < here >

Serge Ramelli's more detailed YouTube intro with purchase links: < here >

Cheers,
    John

Re: Aurora 2018 for PC

yep pre order mine for the upgrade - those that like HDR will have a treat using this program and those that never considered it will hopefully have a different view on HDR
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
      yep pre order mine for the upgrade - those that like HDR will have a treat using this program and those that never considered it will hopefully have a different view on HDR
      Ditto

Comment

It's here!
        John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

I will definitely give the 14-day trial a go when I next get some free time to have a good play.

How good is it? And what exactly makes it worth £89, compared to what I can currently achieve for free with what I have at the moment (DPP, Affinity & NIK plugins)?

Some of my HDR shots are here, if that helps! https://flic.kr/s/aHsm8JoK6x
          Chris
          80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Yep mine too! Installed it but haven't worked out how to access it or link to LR. Some reading is called for.

Cheers,
            John

Comment

yep and from what I've seen on the Aurora FB page pretty impressive. I've got to download my copy as I'm still running with A17 but A18 has made some big changes to the way it works and features on offer. And Chris trust me Aurora will impress I'm used all the programs you have and they don't come close

John, look at your plug in manager on LR and tell it to find A18 thats all you need do

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

I have got Aurora (Windows version) to play with LR, but it falls over when I try to insatll the PS plugin - with luck there will be a minor upgrade to fix that soon.
                John Liddle

Comment

I'm guessing but I think there is another update coming for Windows next month as a few are reporting issues, but MacPhun have posted they are aware now of this - I know batch processing for HDR isn't working right now

Comment

Getting very confused now! I have loaded it as a plugin and successfully edited an image in Aurora but have no idea where it's saved it as the edited version isn't visible in LR.

Now when I select an image/images for edit with either right click/Export/Aurora or File/Export with Preset the progress bar in the top left confirms successful upload to Aurora but blowed if I can find it

I can open an image directly from Aurora, edit it then save but I then need to import it into LR.

What I need is to launch Aurora from LR then return the edit to LR - surely that the way it's supposed to work?

Cheers,
                    John

Comment

arrrh that problem is still around, I've still not downloaded it and did hope its been sorted ..

the problem isn't Aurora but LR in this case as it won't display the thumbnail preview, so you have to force LR, and this doesn't happen all the time. try doing one of the following. When you save an image first check LR where the brackets were, most of the time it will be there, if not goto library mode, then click small thumbs to display all images, it should be showing then. If not, click on the next folder up to view another set, then return back, either one will then show the image

When I export brackets, I select all images, right click, export and click export with LR adjustments, that will open images straight into Aurora.

Don't open directly with Aurora as when you save it you will need to import it back into LR

It does launch from LR then save directly back

Comment

Thanks Ian I can well understand that the reason for not returning to LR is a problem with LR as it occasionally also happens with HDR Efex and the process you describe is a work around I've used.

Unfortunately, while that is irritating, it's the seeming refusal to actually load images into Aurora that is vexing me even though the top-left progress bar says it they are loading and then was successful.

With Aurora not running I would expect it to open but it doesn't and
                        With Aurora running before I export my images they still don't appear for processing.

Still confused then

Cheers,
                        John

Comment

Well, just installed an update to Aurora 2018 which claims to fix crash when installing PS plugin - got it to work, but had to add the Aurora install programs to the whitelist in Cryptoprevent to make it happen - plugin now installed but not yet tested.

To return to John's last post, I have just sucessfully followed the following routine:-
                          With both Aurora and LR closed, open LR.
                          In LR Library module, select the images to bracket.
                          Then File> Plugin Extras> Transfer to Aurora 2018. LR does not display any progress bar.

Aurora window opens over LR window and loads and displays images to be combined.
                          Select Align (if desired), then Make HDR and the magic happens.
                          Select your preferred preset or edit as required
                          When done click Apply and export progress bar shows
                          When done Aurora closes and HDR image appears in LR thumbnail strip as a .TIFF file, although (strangely) the portrait files I worked with were returned as a landscape HDR - not a problem, but weird

The TIFF file is saved in the same directory that the images to be bracketed were drawn from.

Added later....

Have also now tried selecting images in LR then right click on them> Export> either Open Original Images or Use .TIFF with Lightroom adjusters - both seem to work. The LR progress indicator bar says "Uploading 3 photos to Aurora HDR 2018" and seems to stick at about 2/3rds progress, however, the process does complete. This bar does not go away immediately when you return to LR (which you would expect) but does go after you have selected another image (rather than the set you had selected to bracket).

Hope this helps - but your mileage may vary!
                          Last edited by John Liddle; 30-09-2017, 11:29. Reason: Additional info
                          John Liddle

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
                            Thanks Ian I can well understand that the reason for not returning to LR is a problem with LR as it occasionally also happens with HDR Efex and the process you describe is a work around I've used.

Unfortunately, while that is irritating, it's the seeming refusal to actually load images into Aurora that is vexing me even though the top-left progress bar says it they are loading and then was successful.

With Aurora not running I would expect it to open but it doesn't and
                            With Aurora running before I export my images they still don't appear for processing.

Still confused then

Cheers,
                            John
                            mmmm confusing one that, I would suggest you contact the support as they are very good - support@aurorahdr.com

Comment

Originally posted by John Liddle View Post
                              Well, just installed an update to Aurora 2018 which claims to fix crash when installing PS plugin - got it to work, but had to add the Aurora install programs to the whitelist in Cryptoprevent to make it happen - plugin now installed but not yet tested.

To return to John's last post, I have just sucessfully followed the following routine:-
                              With both Aurora and LR closed, open LR.
                              In LR Library module, select the images to bracket.
                              Then File> Plugin Extras> Transfer to Aurora 2018. LR does not display any progress bar.

Aurora window opens over LR window and loads and displays images to be combined.
                              Select Align (if desired), then Make HDR and the magic happens.
                              Select your preferred preset or edit as required
                              When done click Apply and export progress bar shows
                              When done Aurora closes and HDR image appears in LR thumbnail strip as a .TIFF file, although (strangely) the portrait files I worked with were returned as a landscape HDR - not a problem, but weird

The TIFF file is saved in the same directory that the images to be bracketed were drawn from.

Added later....

Have also now tried selecting images in LR then right click on them> Export> either Open Original Images or Use .TIFF with Lightroom adjusters - both seem to work. The LR progress indicator bar says "Uploading 3 photos to Aurora HDR 2018" and seems to stick at about 2/3rds progress, however, the process does complete. This bar does not go away immediately when you return to LR (which you would expect) but does go after you have selected another image (rather than the set you had selected to bracket).

Hope this helps - but your mileage may vary!
                              glad you got it work John, interested to see what you make of it and your images

Comment

Working...
                              X