Aurora 2018 for PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aurora 2018 for PC

finally got round to installing it - what a vast improvement - image below is 3 brackets imported, I clicked one preset that adjusts shadows and got this image - my other processed image was posted yesterday you may remember it, if not look at next image on flickr

test by Ian Theobald, on Flickr
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

just stunning software another but a little early on for the lights came on and used one preset

sunset by Ian Theobald, on Flickr

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

Nope still not working even though my process is identical to John's.

I already had e-mailed support but their automated response didn't lead me to expect a reply any time soon ("The response time is longer than usual due to the high intensity").

Something that may have a bearing on it (although I can't see why it should) is that Lightroom is installed on my SSD (drive C:) while, due to lack of space, Aurora had to be installed on my hard drive (D:).

Cheers,
        John

Comment

more...

I had thought the plugin itself was the problem and had uninstalled/reinstalled it with seemingly no effect but some advice I found online about reinstalling the plugin seemed to tell me it needed to be done in this prescribed manner:

Close Lightroom.
          From within Aurora uninstall the plugin.
          Close then reopen Aurora.
          Install the plugin,
          Open Lightroom.

That has given me partial success as I can now right click/Export... and Aurora opens with my image.
          However, the File/Plugin/Transfer approach only opens Aurora but does not transfer the image.

Still, I now have one process that works so am up and running. Now I just need to learn what to do with it (lots of help and tutorials online though).

Cheers,
          John

Comment

Least your working now John. As for transferring images I only use the file export way.

Comment

John, I had contacted suppport, but before they replied, I was notified by the program of an update and I installed that from within Aurora. This seemed to cure the PS plugin problem and all seemed to be well.

Not long after after that, I had an email as a result of contacting support over the failure of the PS plugin installation. The text of this is below (note suggestion of not altering install paths).

"Please reinstall Aurora HDR 2018.
              Click on ‘Start’ menu > Settings > Apps > under ‘Apps & features’ please locate Aurora and click ‘Uninstall'
              Then, please restart your PC and download Aurora HDR 2018 for Windows one more time using the link below:

After that, please follow all the steps carefully:
              • Locate the download (Aurora_HDR_2018_WINzip) in your Downloads folder and extract the installer (Aurora_Win_Release_Setup.exe).
              • Double-click to launch the installer and begin the installation process.
              • It is recommended not to make changes to the default installation path.
              • After the installation is finished you will be able to launch Aurora HDR 2018 from your desktop, start menu, or installation folder."

I think I shall go through that routine, though I may right click the installer file and select "Install as administrator" rather than simply double clicking it.

Let us know how you get on.
              John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Thanks for that John. I was also notified of an update during my initial installation so installed it and checked again during my debugging process for any more updates but none were reported then. I will uninstall now and reinstall on my SSD, though, as I do think a bit less lag between operations would not go amiss. I haven't tried the PS plugin yet.

Cheers,
                John

Comment

hopefully you guys are now up and running

Comment

Yes sort of. I did find that trying to 'Export' to Aurora cocked up the way I use 'Export as Previous' to save completed jpegs and had to set that up again but at least I'm now able to use Aurora. When I have as minute I'll reinstall it on my SSD.

Cheers,
                    John

Comment

I would recommend you guys watching these videos - he posted up 3 so far and is extremely good with A18

Get your copy of Aurora HDR here: http://bit.ly/2xAyOk4Use coupon code JIMNIX to save $10 off the price! Or just download the free trial and give it a test d...

Comment

Having watched the videos, it does look very impressive and I'm someone whose generally maintained I don't like HDR.

John

Comment

its a very impressive processor and even just importing single images does offer some nice options

Comment

Did your A18 load up ok on the Mac, Ian?

John

Edit. I should have gone back a page and seen that it did.

Comment

The MacPhun software has always worked fine on Macs John, its the Windows version of A18 thats a little buggy right now, but updates are rolling out to sort that, so yes I downloaded it and it worked fine

Comment

I heard back from the MacPhun Aurora HDR 2018 Support Team earlier today advising I uninstall then reinstall Aurora. Even though I'd found a (partial) solution to the problem (described above) I followed their advice as it enabled me to reinstall on my SSD to reduce the lag I felt I was experiencing and paying heed to their recommendation to not change the installation path.

Reinstallation completed and... I was back to it not transferring from LR to Aurora! Fortunately I'd already been here and following my own advice of uninstalling then reinstalling the plugins solved the problem. Buoyed with that success I also installed the PS plugin which also worked.

It seems then that Aurora needs some work on the way plugins work or if, as seems possible, the problem is with Lightroom add instruction on the specific steps needed for plugin installation.

Cheers,
                                John

Comment

Working...
                                X