The other side of The Scallop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The other side of The Scallop

We revisited Aldeburgh earlier this week and getting there early meant that the light was on the "reverse" side of the sculpture (so that the writing is now reversed). I also thought I'd try a different viewpoint from the usual one.

Comments welcomed as ever.

The Scallop, Aldeburgh by Chris Trollen, on Flickr

The Scallop, Aldeburgh by Chris Trollen, on Flickr
    Chris
    80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Re: The other side of The Scallop

Like the perspective you used Chris.

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom, thought I'd try something different.
      Chris
      80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

I want to prefer the more unusual lower down perspective of the second best, but actually prefer the composition of the first, plus with its decreased area in shadow and the more visible text. Nice.
        Canon EOS 7D
        EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
        Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
        flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Thanks Alex, I think I tend to agree with that viewpoint!
          Chris

Comment

Yes it makes a welcome change from the usual sea background. I like the first best.....it looks more metallic from this direction too.
            Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Thanks Brian.
              Chris

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
                I want to prefer the more unusual lower down perspective of the second best, but actually prefer the composition of the first, plus with its decreased area in shadow and the more visible text. Nice.
                agree really can;t decide, but the first just does it...Excellent work
                :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Good images Chris. The second should be more interesting but the first is well balanced and the colours on the metal better so that gets my vote.
                  - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Thanks Ian, Tony. As I revisit the images I agree that the first is definitely the better. The idea was to include some sky and for the first I was just down on my knees whereas the second was taken with the camera resting on the shingle (thank heavens for a tilt & swivel screen!). I think now that it was just too low.
                    Chris

Comment

Working...
                    X