Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oh flipping heck

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
    Btw you can't connect the mac that's broken to a external screen for some reason ,you have to remove the hard drive ,been told by two different mac techies
    I guess it depends on what is wrong with the computer. As mentioned above, I am running a Macbook Pro with a black screen via an external monitor with no problems. Given that the monitor cost around £130 and the cost of replacing the MacBook Pro screen is about £150, I am in no great hurry to make the repair.

I was already using the monitor with the computer before the computer screen went black, so there was no extra expense.
    Robert
    robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

So, a 27" Imac, with SSD and upgraded graphics?

Someone has fallen in the poo and come up smelling of roses then!
      Colin

Comment

Totally agree with Colin!

Sue

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
          So, a 27" Imac, with SSD and upgraded graphics?

Someone has fallen in the poo and come up smelling of roses then!
          Got the full spec from my lad when he got in from work 512gb SSD ,16gb RAM ,3.5 quad core i7 ,4 gb nvidia graphics card and 27 inch screen . Bloody little git won't let me have till his new one arrives middle of next week though .its rather fast processing Lightroom files to had a look just now .

And I actually removed the screen and LCD from the old one today and have taken out the hard drive ,hopefully the data can be transferred later in the month ,it was a lot quicker and easier than I imagend to only took 15 minutes ,screen came off with my satnav sucker mount
          Last edited by the black fox; 14-09-2017, 18:59.

Comment

it was a lot quicker and easier than I imagend to only took 15 minutes ,screen came off with my satnav sucker mount
            Told Ya!

Seems a lot scarier thinking about it.
            Colin

Comment

I am glad I came across this thread when the problem was resolved!!!
              Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Yep resolved Richard ,but expensively ,unfortunately there not cheap items .once the replacement is up and running the carcass of the old one will be up for sale if anyone dabbles with i.macs .

No drooling over new gear for me for a while unfortunately

Comment

Working...
                X