Appomattox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appomattox

This was taken where the US Civil War Ended. I took it last summer, and just converted it to black and white, and also did some tweaking with the blur tool. What do you think? Comments and Critiques Welcome Please.

Re: Appomattox

I'm not convinced your "blurring" adds anything to the photo, in fact I think it detracts

Andy

Comment

It doesn't look "Real"? is this because of the blurring effect?

Comment

Can we see a version before the blur was applied?
        Dave

Comment

It looks like you have been going for an infrared effect? (I think thats what it is called. I am unsure - do you have the original in colour?!?!

Rob

Comment

Sorry this took so long to reply to but I would like to clear up a couple of things. I was reading a tutorial on converting color photos to black and white using CS4 and I didn't realize how much you could actually alter the picture. I went a little trigger happy with all of the adjustments, sliding the color bars left and right, and ended up with what looked like and infrared shot. Then the image started to look dreamy, and I thought I would play into that. So i added another layer and blurred it, then took the eraser tool, and ended up with the shot I posted. Anyways, here is the color version, any suggestions would be appreciated even though the picture I posted is more of an "accident" that I kind of liked.
            Last edited by mskidmore; 13-09-2009, 01:56.

Comment

The original, RAW picture, edited from Capture One.

Comment

Working...
              X