Two Kingfishers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Kingfishers

To be strictly accurate, it is two shots of the same Kingfisher.

Blashford Lakes this morning, fighting the light a bit and the Kingfisher would make his rounds and perch for just a few seconds and then fly off. No fishing at all, but you take what you can get and be grateful.

C18I8529a by Colin Cross, on Flickr

C18I8553a by Colin Cross, on Flickr
    Colin

Re: Two Kingfishers

Love the second one Colin

Comment

Thought we were going to see two on the same perch - although I didn't get any this year there were apparently two perching together a few weeks ago.

Prefer the second as a bit different. Wondering why you chose a central crop ?
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Lovely pair of shots Colin
        Steve ( LSINWP )
        1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Lovely shots Colin.
          I did manage to get two together but no more than a record shot one completely OOF, it happen so quick

233 - Kingfishers 233-9-17 by Trevor Bartlett, on Flickr
          Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

I was hoping for two together too, you tease! Love the second one - as Stan said it is a bit different.

Well done Trev for getting two together. I don't think I've ever seen two KFs close together.
            Chris
            80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Nice shots Colin. I must try and find my KF in my neck of the woods.
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

this is one from 2015 at Blashford

Stan

Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                flickr

Comment

That is good Stan. Mine were there and gone within seconds
                  Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Prefer the second as a bit different. Wondering why you chose a central crop ?
                    Know the rules and when to break them Stan.

This was always going to be a compromise with the composition and I had enough space to allow room to move into, but that would mean a cut into the branch on the right hand side. It actually looked better with the end of the branch retained. With hindsight, I could have made a selection of the end of the branch and with a little cloning, take out some of the branch to make the composition more standard and then added the end of the branch back into the new composition.

But, that was how the shot was and it seemed like a lot of extra work for a shot that I wasn't too precious about. So I ended up with how it was, nothing added.

May I add that it seems to have been a good year for Kingfishers. A few years ago there was only one member regularly posting Kingfisher shots and now there are quite a few of us that have posted good results.
                    Colin

Comment

Beautiful shots Colin

Tom

Comment

Both cracking shots but really like #2, how the head is in lovely focus with wings showing movement

Regards Paul

Comment

Working...
                        X