Project "Water"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project "Water"

(Sorry long thread - thanks in advance if you do look).

During my last holiday, I decided to set myself a project. Loosely titles "Water" which seems appropriate as this months theme was that (I didnt know at the time).

My primary aim was to get ourselves a decent printable splashing wave image to print, frame and hang in the hallway.

It didnt start too well. Too slow on the shutter, or was cutting off tops of waves or in some cases - just too little wave as it was so calm.

Lanzarote-5394.jpg by Andy Jeffree, on Flickr

Or, I'd stay in one place too long and nearly get caught out by the tide coming in and the wave itself (luckily I took the picture and moved the camera just in time)...

Lanzarote-5437.jpg by Andy Jeffree, on Flickr

These were my favourite three and will be playing around with them a bit more.

Lanzarote-5495.jpg by Andy Jeffree, on Flickr

Lanzarote-5523.jpg by Andy Jeffree, on Flickr

Lanzarote-5521.jpg by Andy Jeffree, on Flickr

Finally, I then reverted to trying some longer 30 second shots across the waters to capture the beach and the volcanic background..and again them stones:

Lanzarote-5346.jpg by Andy Jeffree, on Flickr

Lanzarote--2.jpg by Andy Jeffree, on Flickr

Lanzarote-5588.jpg by Andy Jeffree, on Flickr
    Andy
    Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
    EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
    [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Re: Project "Water"

I think waves / sea is one of the hardest photos to make interesting, they never seem to come across as exciting as when you take them

I do like the 5th ( square format) one last shot and great low POV
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thanks Ian,

That square one is both mine and the wife's favourite out of them all so will be on our wall soon I think.

I used a mini tripod to set up with so that I wasn't constantly bent over it and I sat just perched on rocks down near it with a wired remote switch. Had to stay close by as I didn't want the camera to get too wet LOL.

Cheers.
      Andy
      Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
      EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II

Comment

Do like the splashed of 1 & 5 Andy

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Andy
          Canon 700D, Canon 1100D

Comment

Working...
          X