Bateleur Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bateleur Eagle

Bateleur Eagle on a high perch, scanning the surrounding area for potential prey.

Bateleur_Eagle2 by Tony Mitchell, on Flickr

Comments welcome.
    Last edited by TonyM198; 24-09-2017, 10:59. Reason: Original picture oversharpened. Replaced with second picture.

Re: Bateleur Eagle

Nice feather detail. Never seen one of those.

Tom

Comment

Handsome little devil. I have only seen captive ones.
      Colin

Comment

Lovely shot, nice feather detail
        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Lovely shot. Never seen one before.
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Thanks everyone for your kind remarks. This bird was photographed in the Kruger National Park.

Comment

they are beautiful looking birds which you have captured well

The only downside is that you have a very distinct halo all around the bird, which is also showing on flickr, which does spoil it a little

stan
              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
              flickr

Comment

Nicely caught, lovely colour

Regards Paul

Comment

super shot but I have to agree with Stan .often caused by over sharpening

Comment

Thanks for your comments. Stan, I agree that the original picture had a halo and appeared to be oversharpened. That was actually the second image that I posted. The first one was processed according to the recommended instructions for this forum, with additional sharpening done after the conversion to .PSD format. However, when I looked at the end result after posting it on the forum, it looked dreadful. I therefore went back to the original raw image and processed it again, without any further sharpening at all in Photoshop. As you pointed out, it still came out looking oversharpened! I do my initial processing in DPP4, before converting to a TIF file and then processing further in Photoshop. (DPP4 applies a little sharpening before conversion.) I have done it again, this time reducing the level of sharpening that DPP applies before conversion. I am not sure if it is perfect, but I think it is a little better.

Comment

Working...
                    X