Bilbao with Canon G7X mk ll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bilbao with Canon G7X mk ll

A non-DSLR weekend in Bilbao - a chance to try out the G7X mk 2 and a personal challenge of shooting jpeg only.

Ah the liberating joy of just a small camera on belt or in handbag- I've forgotten how easy it can all be.

Lovely little camera at all levels from idiot-proof Program mode (for hubby) to full Manual (if you really need to)

Still missed the Big Boy though, and next time I'll not be strict with myself on shooting RAW if the conditions are out of the ordinary

[IMG]Guggenheim 3, Bilbao by Barbara Bett, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Guggenheim 2, Bilbao by Barbara Bett, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Guggenheim 4, Bilbao by Barbara Bett, on Flickr[/IMG]

Bilbao by night by Barbara Bett, on Flickr
    Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Re: Bilbao with Canon G7X mk ll

That's a great set Bo that shows what a capable camera the G7X mk 2 is I'm still looking for a new compact and that's now on my shortlist.

Cheers,
    John

Comment

Lovely set Bo, and yes it shows its a good camera but it also shows that the decisive factor is actually what's going on behind the camera - your skill at selecting great composition, lines and light shines through.
      Canon EOS 7D
      EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
      Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
      flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Bo in Bilbao and very successfully too. Lovely well seen set.
        Colin

Comment

Super set bo ,sometimes wonder if shooting just p.pegs is better ,lots of my friends do very well with it (mainly Nikon lads though)

Comment

Thanks for stopping by folks and for your kind comments (I'm blushing, Alex!)

Very happy with this compact and the added bonus of being Canon means I can instinctively work the menu

Shooting jpegs for me means trying to mimimalise PP -ie get it right at the time- good practice I think ...

Comment

Yes, a really nice set and a good illustration of the often quoted, but often ignored, maxim that it is the photographer not the gear that counts, especially these days when there's really no such thing as a bad camera.

I looked at one of these, and thought about waiting for the M100, for an additional lightweight body before I took the plunge on the 200D.

I always shoot RAW + JPEG, belt and braces approach, and find the JPEG is fine in 90% of cases, provided the conditions aren't too testing. I spend enough time staring at a computer screen as it is, so the less time needed for processing the better.
              EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Comment

Lovely set Bo

Tom

Comment

Thanks Richard and Tom

Comment

Excellent photos Bo. I have found that some of Canon's compact cameras are brilliant. I use a G15 as my go anywhere camera and it produces brilliant results. Thanks for sharing your pictures Bo. As for Jpeg, I am a very frequent user of it and have no complaints whatsoever.
                    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

That is a lovely set, great light & composition in all of them.

I really ought to start shooting RAW+jpeg, in order to cut down on PP as you say, for those shots that are just right out of camera.

However, I've just recently had to process a whole load of shots that were taken in tricky conditions to try to get the best out of them. They'd have been rubbish as jpeg, which probably just shows that I still have a great deal to learn as a photographer!
                      Chris
                      80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Cracking pix! Thanks for the share.

Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Thanks Nat, Chris and Nigel for stopping by.

Comment

Just seen these Bo; they are excellent. Shows what can be done without the big heavy camera
                            - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Fabulous set Bo....being liberated from the full DSLR set up can be a great help....but I don't think its about the camera, you have a great eye of a successful image!
                              Last edited by @imagesBV; 30-09-2017, 09:49.
                              Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Working...
                              X