MPB advertEOS magazine advert

Thread: i9100 Printer driver

Default i9100 Printer driver

I have an i9100 Printer which worked perfectly until I updated my computer to Windows 10 and found there appears to be no driver compatible with this operating system. Can anyone please advise if there is a way round this or alternative driver available, as it will be a very expensive lesson otherwise. Many thanks.

Default Re: i9100 Printer driver

You could try removing the printer and then when adding it see if it can search for any generic drivers that would work.

Unfortunately I believe that as the i9100 is an older printer, that Canon no longer support it driver wise, so you may have to upgrade to a newer one.

there are some windows 10 drivers advertised when googling it, but have to say that they don't look reputable sites so wouldn't look to advise you of those.
    Andy
    Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
    EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
    [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Probably easier to buy a new printer these days ,and just do the same when the ink runs out madness but it's the truth

Depending how technical you are and how much effort you are willing to invest, you might want to try installing your old OS in a VirtualBox and configuring the i9100 there. That might offer you a temporary alternative to buying a new printer ...

Many thanks guys,
    I will try the re install but I fear a new printer will be the answer.